Located in the heart of Elm Grove, St. Mary’s Visitation School provides exceptional academics and faith formation for grades K3 through 8.
Open House Success!
What a wonderful Open House! All of the hard work and dedication offered by all who were involved to help make this year's event a success was amazing. We would like to take this opportunity to thank:
- the teachers for their preparation and being on hand to meet and greet all the visitors to their classrooms;
- Kris Dries for all her helpful assistance with the registration process;
- the many volunteers (parents and students who: spoke at mass, greeted, toured, displayed extra-curricular activities and offered refreshments to the visitors of our school;
- the maintenance staff for providing and setting up all the needed equipment and furniture, for shoveling, plowing and salting the sidewalks and parking lot;
- to the Boy Scouts who prepared and served a delicious pancake breakfast;
- to Jennifer Svastisalee for the architectural drawing of our new K3 classroom
- a SPECIAL thank you to the Open House Planning Committee (Margaret Thew, Molly Berens, Nora Mihm and Joanna McQuide) for their valuable input and time involved in planning this very special event.
Registration Reminder -
Just at reminder to get your registrations forms in for the 2012-2013 school year. Some grades are filling up.
SMV Student Wins District Spelling Bee
Congratulations to SMV 7th grader Elizabeth Janowski who recently won the CESNA 1 District Spelling Bee. A total of 36 students from nine area Catholic Schools competed in the contest, which took place at Catholic Memorial High School in Waukesha.
Elizabeth's district win qualified her to participate in the Regional Spelling Bee, where she placed third out of 21 students representing schools from the southeastern Wisconsin area. That competition was held at Brookfield Academy on February 7. The spelling bees are affiliated with the Scripps National Spelling Bee competition.
Other SMV students who qualified to participate in the district meet included Jesse Bopp, Ryan Ellis and Moira Sullivan.
Congratulations to Elizabeth, and to Jesse, Ryan and Moira on their spelling accomplishments!
Elementary Students, It's Forensic Time at SMV!
Elementary Students, the Forensics Meet is Coming Soon! The John Hochhaus In-House Forensic Meet is Friday, March 2, at 6pm for grades 3, 4 and 5. What is forensics? It's the art of public speaking, and SMV is one of the only schools in the area to offer an elementary forensic program. Students are invited to compete in one of several categories, including prose, poetry, demonstration, acting or infomercial. Enter as an individual or with a group! It's great experience and FUN! Trophies and pizza party awarded to the class with the greatest participation.
NASA Explorer Schools Reduced Gravity Flight
Mrs Biernat, Mr Falk, and Mrs Daemmrich travelled to the NASA Explorer Schools program in February!
They stayed for a jam packed week of science, math and technology as they participated in the NASA Explorer Schools Reduced Gravity Flight. They took off on a microgravity flight and they shared that experience during a live video conference with their students earlier this month. Further, they visited Mission Control at the Johnson Space Center in Houston. This trip has allowed the three teachers to make professional contacts and acquire resources to benefit SMV students.
St. Mary's Students Earn First Place at Spanish Pronunciation State Championships
On Saturday, January 28th, five St. Mary's Junior High students competed in the annual Wisconsin State Spanish Pronunciation Contest Championships at Pius the XI High School.
St. Mary's made a clean sweep of first place presentations in both the prepared poetry and prepared reading competition.
Winning first-place honors in the Memorized Reading section were 8th grader Molly Carrig and 7th grader Elizabeth Janowski.
Winning first-place honors in the prepared poetry section were 7th graders Martha LoCoco, Madeline Thew, and Emily Steybe.
Congratulations to the students on their fine efforts!
The Dinner Auction is getting closer!
SAVE THE DATE for March 10, 2012 – We hope you will join us to raise money for SMV!
Here is just a preview of what this year's auction has in store:
· One Week at the Marriott Grand Vista in Orlando, FL
· Chicago Getaway at the Peninsula Hotel
· Dells Getaway at the Wilderness Resort
· $5000 Certificate Towards a Custom Kitchen from the Cabinetree
· Hot Air Ballon Excursion
· Dinner for Six - Includes hor d'oeuvres, dinner and dessert in a romantic wine room.
Private Mass - Make your next family event or special gathering even more special with a private mass.
Hotel Stays - Including nights from the Pfister, Doubletree by Hilton and Sheraton Hotel
Many More Items Including: Class Parties, Class Projects, Dining Packages, Sporting events, Photography & Portrait Packages and other Great Items
Thanks again to all who have donated! Thank you for supporting our Auction for Education.
For more information on our school or to take a tour, contact Principal Mary Tretow at 262-782-7057.