Kyle and her husband moved to Brookfield in 1986. She became active in local politics and started blogging in 2004. Her focus is primarily on local issues but often includes state and national topics, too. Kyle looks at things from the taxpayers' perspective in a creative, yet down to earth way, addressing them from a practical point of view.
Dear District 7 Residents,
Please attend one of the District 7 Info Meetings on Wednesday,
September 24th from 2-3 pm or 6:30-7:30 pm at City Hall. Please review helpful
city info listed below. If you have a question, concern, or comment please
email or call us.
Lisa Mellone 262-780-0805 firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Lowerr 262-853-9657 email@example.com
1. District 7 Info Meetings (1 hour) at City Hall
Wednesday, Sept. 24th 2-3 pm OR 6:30-7:30 pm (this is the correct start time, not 7 pm as stated in the city newsletter)
2. City of Brookfield 2035 Comprehensive Plan: Community Vision
Provide your feedback at 1 of 4 Open Houses (9/10, 9/18, 9/24, and 9/25)
Read here for more info: http://www.ci.brookfield.wi.us/index.asp?NID=629
3. Home Safeguards for Flood Prevention
See attached document "Methods for Improving Stormwater Drainage, Reducing Flooding, and Minimizing Basement Backups"
4. Hwy 18 WISDOT info site (what are they doing to Bluemound Rd. and why)
5. Hwy 59/Greenfield Ave widening in Town of Brookfield
6. Traffic Calming Info Available on city website
7. Percheron Square Development
See attached Master Site Plan
8. Recycle info
Important blue bin reminder; Paper must be separated from bottles and cans.
A free blue recycle bin can be picked up at city hall.
To schedule a group tour of the recycling center or helpful tips:
9. Raingardens and Rain Barrels:
10. Trick or Treat
Friday, October 31 from 5-7:30 pm
11. Important Election Information
Tuesday, November 4, 2008 Presidential Election Date
Registering to Vote, Absentee Ballots & Forms
Sample Ballots, Polling Places & Elected Officials