Katy Borden and Derrick Mittelstadt are planning a June 16, 2012, wedding at St. Mary's Visitation Parish in Elm Grove.
Parents of the couple are Amy and Brian Borden of Brookfield and Mary and Rolland Mittelstadt of Colfax.
The bride-to-be earned her bachelor's degree in elementary education and Spanish from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. She is a third-grade teacher at Hales Corners Elementary School in Hales Corners.
The future groom earned his doctorate in physical therapy from the University of Nevada in Las Vegas. He is a physical therapist at Community Memorial Hospital in Menomonee Falls.
The two became engaged Feb. 26, 2011, in Door County.
- Engagement: Trotter-Dahlquist
- Library Recommendations: March 12
- Around Town: Feb. 12
- In Brief: Brookfield Public Library to offer e-reader primer
- Things to Do: Feb. 5
- Senior Meals: Jan. 29
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Around Town: Jan. 22
- Wedding: Donohoe-Wasilewski
- Around Town: Jan. 15
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Jan. 15