• Mike and Katie (nee Cooper) Cerny of Chicago, formerly of Brookfield, are the parents of a daughter, Brooke Olivia, born Oct. 17, 2009. She was 6 pounds, 14 ounces and 19 inches. Grandparents are Craig and Jane Cooper and Jack and Joyce Cerny, all of Brookfield.
• Steven Michael Frey and Mistica Lee Weller-Frey of Brookfield, formerly of West Allis, are the parents of a son, Devan Ray, born Oct. 15, 2009. He was 8 pounds, 10 ounces and 21 1/2 inches. Grandparents are Sandra Lee Weller and Joseph Sommers, both of Brookfield, William F. Weller of Fort Atkinson and Jeanette Frey of Wauzeka. Great-grandparents are Richard A. Daeda of Fort Myers, Fla., and Lou and LouAnn Ives of Youngtown, Ariz.
• Don Jr. and Carmen Daley of Waukesha are the parents of a son, Braden Richard, born Oct. 8, 2009. He was 8 pounds, 11 ounces and 21 inches. He joins brother Landon. Grandparents are Richard and Catherine Papen of Brookfield and Don and Judy Daley of Muskego. Great-grandparents are Everett and Rita Schefelker of Manawa.
• Kathryn Leverence of Brookfield will perform as Geminae in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" at Carroll University from Nov. 12 to 15. Kathryn is a freshman art education major. She is a 2009 graduate of Wisconsin Lutheran High School and the daughter of Mark and Beth Leverence of Brookfield.
• Kane H. Smart of Brookfield graduated magna cum laude with a law degree from Vermont Law School. Kane is a 2000 graduate of Brookfield Central High School. He is a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Judge T. Dukrin at the Vermont Environmental Court. Kane is the son of Rick and Leslie Smart of Brookfield.
• Ashley S. Woyak has graduated from the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps Leader Development and Assessment Course at Fort Lewis in Tacoma, Wash. Cadets in their junior and senior year of college must complete the leadership development course. Upon successful completion of the course, the ROTC program and graduation from college, cadets are commissioned as second lieutenants in the U.S. Army, National Guard or Reserve. Ashley is a 2006 graduate of Brookfield Central High School and the daughter of James and Cassandra Woyak of Brookfield.
Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; email@example.com, or by fax to (262) 446-6646.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: April 24
- Celebrations: March 27
- Celebrations: March 20
- Celebrations: March 13
- Celebrations: March 6
- Celebrations: Feb. 27
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Feb. 13
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 30
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 16
- Celebrations: Dec. 19
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Oct. 10
- Celebrations: Sept. 12
- Celebrations: August 6