• Matthew McDonald of Brookfield was invited to attend the All-State Scholars Banquet. He is a student at Marquette University High School.
• Bryan Dongre, Brian Earl and Caroline Kuse, all students at Brookfield Central High School, were invited to attend the All-State Scholars Banquet.
• The following students from Brookfield Central High School were given exemplary awards at the Wisconsin School Music Association State Solo/Ensemble held at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee: Justin Fu, flute; Alex Susko, tuba; David Glickstein, two woodwind awards; JackPeterson, trombone; Raquel Bruening, clarinet; Tom Nesler, baritone saxophone; and John Habib, percussion.
• The following students from Brookfield East High School earned a rank in the 2010 National Spanish Exam: KaraDaily,Sreedevi Nair, Robert Szabo and Aditya Trivedi - gold; Mark Bialou, Greta Brecheisen, Alexander Brown, Sophie Carr, Reem Elorbany, Caroline Klinker,Melinda Mastel, Hayley Powers, John Ramsey, Madeline Ramsey and Jake Walker - silver; Ethan Albert, Grace Barlow, ShannonCashin, Victoria Felker, Julie Fuerbringer, Peter Horner, Elizabeth Klassen, Liz Michalkiewicz, John Meurer, Mallory Meyer, Sarah Pritchard, Sydney Rooney, Veronica Telega, and Filip Wodnicki and Chih-wei Wu - bronze.
• Joseph Kadlac received a Presidential Scholarship from Xavier University. He will graduate from Brookfield Central High School and is the son of John and Darlene Kadlac of Brookfield.
• The following Elmbrook students earned a cash prize in a German essay contest sponsored by the Deutscher Sprach und Schulverein: seniors Rebecca Berry and Sara Benning, sophomores Taija Robinson andAnna Drescher, freshmen Ryan Jehly and Connor Schulz. Jehly also was awarded a medal for placing in the 95th percentile of the American Association of Teachers of German test.
• Mitchell Jensen has been awarded an Air Force ROTC scholarship to attend a host college or university. He is the grandson of Gerald and Phyllis Wrobbel of Brookfield.
• Mahalia Sobhani, a freshman at Brookfield Academy, placed first in the Brookfield library's Young Adult Poetry Contest for her poem "Real Life Math."
• U.S. Air National Guard Airman 1st Class Andrew Moritz graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. He is the son of Amy Moritz of Brookfield and a 2005 graduate of Brookfield East High School.
Send submissions to news@
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: March 13
- Celebrations: March 6
- Celebrations: Feb. 27
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Feb. 13
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 30
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 16
- Celebrations: Dec. 19
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Oct. 10
- Celebrations: Sept. 12
- Celebrations: August 6
- Celebrations: July 25
- Celebrations: July 18
- Celebrations: July 11