There's always something going on in Brookfield and Elm Grove. You just have to know where to look. Here are some of the regularly scheduled activities, meetings and other events planned by local organizations and institutions.
CLASSES & CLINICS
Blood pressure screenings: 10 to 11 a.m. the third Tuesday of the month at Regency Senior Community-Brookfield, 777 N. Brookfield Road, Brookfield.
CLUBS & ORGANIZATIONS
Brookfield Toastmasters Club: 6:15 p.m. first and third Tuesdays at the Brookfield Senior Community Center, 2000 N. Calhoun Road, Brookfield; (262) 780-0348; www.toastmasters.org.
Elm Grove Garden Club: meets for luncheon meetings at a member's home; call (262) 786-6715 for information.
Kiwanis Club of Brookfield: 6:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesday of the month at the Venice Club, 1905 N. Calhoun Road,
Brookfield; (414) 915-9559, www.brookfieldkiwanis.org.
Mothers & More Milwaukee West Chapter: Support and advocacy for mothers; 7 p.m. first and third Tuesdays at St. John Vianney Parish, 1755 N. Calhoun Road, Brookfield; visit
West Suburban Quilters Guild: meets the second Wednesday evening of the month, September to May, in Brookfield; quilters of all levels welcome; for membership information, contact Johanna at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the www.wsqg.net.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
Activities for seniors: at the Brookfield Senior Community Center, 2000 N. Calhoun Road, Brookfield; (262) 796-6675; call to confirm times and registration requirements.
• Woodcarving: 10 a.m. Mondays
• Fun Luv'n Grannies: 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays
• exercise class: 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
• partner bridge: 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays
• speakers/socials: Wednesdays
• quilting club: 12:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesday of the month
• Broadway Wannabes: 9 a.m. Wednesdays
• Watercolor painting: 6:30-8:30 p.m.. Wednesdays
• Scrabble game play: 10 a.m. Wednesdays
• Tai chi: 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays
• Bridge: lessons, 9 a.m.
Thursdays; games, 12:30 p.m. Thursdays
• Mahjongg: 9:15 a.m. Fridays
• Line dancing: 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Fridays
KIDS & TEENS
Craft Saturday: Come for a seasonal craft on the second Saturday of the month, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Brookfield Public Library, 1900 N. Calhoun Road, Brookfield; (262) 782-4140, Opt. 2.
Library Playgroup: For children 2 and younger; 10 a.m. alternating Tuesdays beginning Sept. 7, at Brookfield Public Library, 1900 N. Calhoun Road, Brookfield; (262) 782-4140, Option 2.
Twilight Tales: Family story time; 6:30 p.m. Mondays through May 18 at Brookfield Public Library, 1900 N. Calhoun Road, Brookfield; (262) 782-4140, Option 2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Local art gallery boasts diversified collection
- Police Report: March 6
- You asked, mayoral hopefuls answered
- Ballet school helps students move with grace, confidence
- Ask NOW: Who were the Ebles and what did they want for their land?
- Starbucks looks to replace Burger King in Town of Brookfield
- News & Notes: March 4
- Mayoral candidates ramping up campaigns
- Sensenbrenner talks Republican strategy at Brookfield gathering
- Burleigh receives inspirational, disabled speaker