A Brookfield woman charged with severely injuring a Brookfield police officer in a hit-and-run incident pleaded not guilty Wednesday in Waukesha County Circuit Court, according to online state court records.
Christine M. Druecke, 52, was charged July 19 with one felony count of hit-and-run involving great bodily harm for the Dec. 11 incident in which Brookfield police officer Paul Dilger suffered multiple injuries.
Dilger was on foot with two other officers responding to call when he was hit by Druecke's car shortly after midnight in the 19100 block of W. North Ave., according to a criminal complaint and police reports.
Druecke did not stop but turned herself in Dec. 14, telling police she noticed damage to her car and that she thought she struck a deer. Several people later told police she was at a restaurant drinking beer before Dilger was struck, according to the complaint.
Druecke is free on a $5,000 signature bond, according to the online court records.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 29
- Business Notes: Jan. 29
- New Brookfield bus line runs familiar, faster route (1)
- Elm Grove amends ordinance to protect trees
- Brookfield officials welcome multifamily project on Lisbon Road
- Retired Elm Grove police chief remembered
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Jan. 29
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Jan. 29