Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Parkside 23 operates its own on-site farm
Issue: Jackie Sazama would like to know more about the new restaurant that opened in the old Sticks and Stones building.
Status: Parkside 23 opened at 2300 Pilgrim Square Drive in November.
The restaurant aims to respect the land that provides the food for the restaurant, and is the only restaurant in the area with an on-site farm, general manager George Flees said. The restaurant will grow its own leafy vegetables, sweet corn, herbs, spices, tomatoes, vine crops and garlic.
"Our commitment is to be involved in Brookfield and responsible to the good of its people. We want people to partner with us in having a social conscience as well as a passion for fresh food," Flees said.
Parkside 23 opens at 11 a.m. Monday through Saturday and serves lunch and dinner.
The restaurant provides 154 indoor seats and 80 seats on the patio. Private rooms that seat up to 25 people are available for special events, as well.
The menu is unusual in the fact that it is organized by price rather than traditional food categories. The $5 to $12 price category includes salads, sandwiches, plates and flats. Plates usually contain a starch, meat or fish, and foods from the garden. The $13 to $17 category features an ahi tuna salad, cedar plank salmon, braised short ribs, half a rotisserie chicken and baby back ribs. The $18-plus category features Maine lobster scallop risotto, a combo chicken-rib plate, rotisserie duck and stuffed pork chop. Parkside 23 also provides a gluton-free menu.
The restaurant's website, parkside23.com, is scheduled to debut Jan. 21.
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: How can a young person help out at the humane society?
- Ask Now: Will there be a lighting test at Golf Parkway?
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What makes a left turn arrow appropriate?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Any thoughts of turkey population control?
- Ask Now: Why can trains blow horns in Brookfield?
- Brookfield Ask Now: When will Calhoun Road be improved?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market?
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development?
- Ask Now: Do police keep those who live near crime scenes more informed?
- Ask Now: Are there any special rules for owners of pit bulls?
- Ask Now: Can you move snow into the street in Brookfield?