When the Packers and Bears square off Sunday, it will be torture for one group of fans - but no matter who wins, there will be at least one humane outcome.
The Elmbrook Humane Society in Brookfield and The Anti-Cruelty Society in Chicago, are betting high humiliation stakes on their respective home teams.
There will be a border battle on the field, and bragging rights off it. Elmbrook Humane Society and Executive Director Karen Sparapani have challenged The Anti-Cruelty Society and its president, Robyn Barbiers, to a "Shelter Showdown."
If the Green Bay Packers win Sunday, Barbiers will be forced to dress herself in a Packers jersey.
On the flip side, if the Packers fall prey to the Chicago Bears, Sparapani will throw on an orange and navy blue Bears jersey.
Elmbrook Humane Society is collecting dog-safe teddy bear toys to represent their division rivals. The teddy bears will be used as dog toys for the homeless animals in need at the Elmbrook Humane Society.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series
- Author Spike Carlsen to Appear at Elm Grove Library
- Brookfield-area musicians get set for summer tour
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 4