Watertown Plank Road and Juneau Boulevard were blocked for more than an hour when a train stalled on the tracks about 11:30 a.m. this morning, Elm Grove police Lt. Jason Hennen said, explaining that a coupling and airline broke, stranding three train cars on the tracks.
The train was blocking Watertown Plank Road and the detached cars posed a danger to drivers on Juneau, he said.
It happened right outside Village Hall, where emergency responders also are housed. The coupling and airlines were repaired and the cars reattached about 1 p.m. Once it was determined the train was operational, it cleared the roadway.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Despite Elm Grove residents' concerns, Juneau Pathway approved Monday
- Brookfield and Elm Grove police join national Click It or Ticket campaign
- Pilgrim Park students' rocket takes first at regional competition
- Water main project in Elm Grove could cause delays
- In Our Schools: May 20
- News & Notes: May 20
- Purses targeted in car break-ins outside Wilson Center
- Guaranty Bank in Brookfield robbed
- Residents wait for answers on cell tower
- Business owners launch school funding initiative