Grounds Maintenance offers new billing option
Brookfield-based Grounds Maintenance Services now offers a budget plan that allows customers to evenly spread the cost of landscaping, lawn cutting, snow plowing and other services over a 12-month period, the company has announced.
The budget plan can be used for all GMS winter services, which include snow plowing, shoveling, roof raking, holiday lighting setup and in-home Christmas tree delivery. Available warm-weather services for budget billing are lawn cutting, fertilizing, landscape maintenance, gutter cleaning, and fall and spring cleanups.
Monthly budget amounts will be based on a prior year's services. For new customers, the plan will be figured using estimates of their service costs.
Local plumber heads to national championships
Plumber Jon Moser, a Brookfield resident, will represent Wisconsin in the ABC National Craft Championships in San Antonio, Texas, in April.
He is a fifth-year apprentice employed by Rozga Plumbing & Heating Corp., a West Allis firm.
Moser placed first in the Plumbing division at the annual ABC Skill Competition held in Green Bay in January.
The day-long competition began with a written exam, followed by an isometric drawing. After lunch, the apprentices from various trades set to work on a 4-hour practical, hands-on project in which they were judged on accuracy in design and layout, care and use of their hand tools, efficiency in the use of the limited materials given to them and overall safety.
Krizek wins recognition from Northwestern Mutual
Northwestern Mutual is honoring Elm Grove resident Ronald V. Krizek, affiliated with The Holter Financial Group based in Elm Grove, with its 2011 Central Region Top 10 Leader Award.
The honor recognizes Krizek for an outstanding year of performance with Northwestern Mutual, serving the financial security needs of clients and policy-owners throughout the region.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Midwest Gaming Classic to bring plenty of fun to Sheraton
- Elm Grove Junior Guild's Tree of Giving returns
- In Brief: Recycling event planned in May
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes: March 19
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Wheelchair basketball conference championship coming to Brookfield
- Early beginnings: Brookfield Central High senior becomes accomplished student composer
- Business Spotlight: Cookies by Design