An 11-year-old boy's back was broken when he was dragged behind a car in the driveway of his Brookfield home April 11.
According to the city of Brookfield police report:
Officers were called to Elmbrook Memorial Hospital just before 11:30 p.m. April 11 because the boy had been brought there for treatment.
The boy and his sister gave conflicting accounts of the incident, but the boy's mother said he had jumped onto the car as his sister backed out of the garage. In a panic, she mistakenly hit the gas instead of the brakes, and the boy was dragged under the car.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 29
- Business Notes: Jan. 29
- New Brookfield bus line runs familiar, faster route (1)
- Elm Grove amends ordinance to protect trees
- Brookfield officials welcome multifamily project on Lisbon Road
- Retired Elm Grove police chief remembered
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Jan. 29
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Jan. 29