An 11-year-old boy's back was broken when he was dragged behind a car in the driveway of his Brookfield home April 11.
According to the city of Brookfield police report:
Officers were called to Elmbrook Memorial Hospital just before 11:30 p.m. April 11 because the boy had been brought there for treatment.
The boy and his sister gave conflicting accounts of the incident, but the boy's mother said he had jumped onto the car as his sister backed out of the garage. In a panic, she mistakenly hit the gas instead of the brakes, and the boy was dragged under the car.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Social Security informational session next week at the Elm Grove Library
- New Elm Grove business to offer outlet for creativity
- Elm Grove church still considering cell tower
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Business Spotlight: Sunset Playhouse has come a long way
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: April 9
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- School funding cuts are a hot topic at a Wauwatosa listening session (1)
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?