An 11-year-old boy's back was broken when he was dragged behind a car in the driveway of his Brookfield home April 11.
According to the city of Brookfield police report:
Officers were called to Elmbrook Memorial Hospital just before 11:30 p.m. April 11 because the boy had been brought there for treatment.
The boy and his sister gave conflicting accounts of the incident, but the boy's mother said he had jumped onto the car as his sister backed out of the garage. In a panic, she mistakenly hit the gas instead of the brakes, and the boy was dragged under the car.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: July 31, 2014 issue
- Brookfield National Night Out unites community against crime
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts receives $50,000 grant
- Spirited duo brings entertainment, inspiration to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 31
- Upcoming meetings: July 31
- Village heeds objections to trash change
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Elm Grove man imparts financial knowledge to youth