Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Trader Joe's has no impending Brookfield plans
Issue: A while ago a reader heard that a Trader Joe's was coming to the Fashion Plaza on Bluemound Road, but since then hasn't heard anything about it. She is wondering if the store is still planning on coming to Brookfield.
Status: Dan Ertl, director of community development, said Trader Joe's has not had any formal communication with the city of Brookfield. But, he added, he has been in communication with the real estate broker who works with Trader Joe's.
Ertl told the agent that the Brookfield community would like to have a Trader Joe's and identified possible sites for a new store.
"A formal application has not been made on any of the sites I identified, but we remain hopeful," Ertl said.
I spoke with Alison Mochizuki, publicity representative for Trader Joe's, and she said Trader Joe's has no plan to open a Brookfield store in the next two years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: How should residents handle suspicious solicitors?
- Ask NOW: Reader concerned about wooden path on Brookfield Road
- Ask NOW: Reader's question leads to signage change
- Ask NOW: Will Elmbrook Church respond to the gun left in the bathroom?
- Ask NOW: Why is there a stop sign at Main Street and Wisconsin Avenue?
- Ask NOW: What can residents do about phone scams?
- Ask NOW: Is the emerald ash borer coming to Brookfield?
- Ask NOW: Who were the Ebles and what did they want for their land?
- Ask NOW: Are there plans for improvements at Calhoun and Burleigh roads?
- Ask NOW: What's going on in the old Ethan Allen store?
- Ask NOW: How many dump trucks of dirt will be coming out of the Corners?
- Ask NOW: Does Brookfield pay its interns?
- Ask NOW: What's happening to Applebee's?
- Ask NOW: Will residents soon have to take trash to the curb?
- Ask NOW: Has moving fire station caused delays for responses to Brookfield Square?
- Ask NOW: How can the city get a park on the Sileno property?
- Ask NOW: Does BRAD group have conflict of interest?
- Ask NOW: Who is Goerke?
- Ask NOW: What is required of school buses crossing tracks?
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?