Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Trader Joe's has no impending Brookfield plans
Issue: A while ago a reader heard that a Trader Joe's was coming to the Fashion Plaza on Bluemound Road, but since then hasn't heard anything about it. She is wondering if the store is still planning on coming to Brookfield.
Status: Dan Ertl, director of community development, said Trader Joe's has not had any formal communication with the city of Brookfield. But, he added, he has been in communication with the real estate broker who works with Trader Joe's.
Ertl told the agent that the Brookfield community would like to have a Trader Joe's and identified possible sites for a new store.
"A formal application has not been made on any of the sites I identified, but we remain hopeful," Ertl said.
I spoke with Alison Mochizuki, publicity representative for Trader Joe's, and she said Trader Joe's has no plan to open a Brookfield store in the next two years.
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- Ask Now: What ever happened to all the changes for Capitol Drive?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will BEGIN host more programs?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does Mayor Steve Ponto want to run for higher office?
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: How can a young person help out at the humane society?
- Ask Now: Will there be a lighting test at Golf Parkway?
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What makes a left turn arrow appropriate?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Any thoughts of turkey population control?
- Ask Now: Why can trains blow horns in Brookfield?
- Brookfield Ask Now: When will Calhoun Road be improved?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market?