Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Trader Joe's has no impending Brookfield plans
Issue: A while ago a reader heard that a Trader Joe's was coming to the Fashion Plaza on Bluemound Road, but since then hasn't heard anything about it. She is wondering if the store is still planning on coming to Brookfield.
Status: Dan Ertl, director of community development, said Trader Joe's has not had any formal communication with the city of Brookfield. But, he added, he has been in communication with the real estate broker who works with Trader Joe's.
Ertl told the agent that the Brookfield community would like to have a Trader Joe's and identified possible sites for a new store.
"A formal application has not been made on any of the sites I identified, but we remain hopeful," Ertl said.
I spoke with Alison Mochizuki, publicity representative for Trader Joe's, and she said Trader Joe's has no plan to open a Brookfield store in the next two years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: How many furry friends are in need?
- Ask Now: How does annexation actually work?
- Ask Now: Should Brookfield bikers be excited?
- Ask Now: What's going on with Burger King in the Town of Brookfield?
- Brookfield AskNOW for June 26: Where are the jobs?
- Ask NOW: Which side is the rich side of town?
- Ask NOW: How many elm trees does the Village of Elm Grove actually have?
- Ask NOW: Where did the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts get its name?
- Ask NOW: Should people take more care with their lawn care?
- Ask NOW: Can cars go over grass in order to pass on the right?
- Ask NOW: Reader wonders if bicyclists should use pathways
- Ask NOW: Brookfield resident wonders when he is allowed to pass on the right
- Ask NOW: Brookfield resident worried about pedestrians at Kinsey Park
- Ask NOW: How should residents handle suspicious solicitors?
- Ask NOW: Reader concerned about wooden path on Brookfield Road
- Ask NOW: Reader's question leads to signage change
- Ask NOW: Will Elmbrook Church respond to the gun left in the bathroom?
- Ask NOW: Why is there a stop sign at Main Street and Wisconsin Avenue?
- Ask NOW: What can residents do about phone scams?
- Ask NOW: Is the emerald ash borer coming to Brookfield?