Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Trader Joe's has no impending Brookfield plans
Issue: A while ago a reader heard that a Trader Joe's was coming to the Fashion Plaza on Bluemound Road, but since then hasn't heard anything about it. She is wondering if the store is still planning on coming to Brookfield.
Status: Dan Ertl, director of community development, said Trader Joe's has not had any formal communication with the city of Brookfield. But, he added, he has been in communication with the real estate broker who works with Trader Joe's.
Ertl told the agent that the Brookfield community would like to have a Trader Joe's and identified possible sites for a new store.
"A formal application has not been made on any of the sites I identified, but we remain hopeful," Ertl said.
I spoke with Alison Mochizuki, publicity representative for Trader Joe's, and she said Trader Joe's has no plan to open a Brookfield store in the next two years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: When will Brookfield expand its recycling program?
- Ask NOW: Does the Brookfield Public Library routinely forgive fines?
- Ask NOW: What happens to blood after it's donated?
- Ask NOW: Has the city of Brookfield surveyed the white tail deer population this winter?
- Ask NOW: What happened to the Elm Grove Inn?
- Ask NOW: How are traffic cameras being used?
- Ask NOW: Who's responsible for clearing snow in city?
- Ask NOW: Driver annoyed she can't turn left at 144th and Capitol
- Ask NOW: Are more changes planned for Imperial Park?
- Ask NOW: Where are city vehicles repaired?
- Ask NOW: Reader doesn't like Capitol Drive sidewalks
- Ask NOW: Is Brookfield still trying to incorporate?
- Ask NOW: What's the story behind the Stagecoach Inn Museum?
- Ask NOW: Eble farm house torn down due to poor condition
- Ask NOW: Manhole frames recessed for a reason
- Ask NOW: Bluemound Road lanes are narrower now
- Ask NOW: Addresses too hard to see along Bluemound Road
- Ask NOW: Are any new stores on their way to Brookfield?
- Ask NOW: Does Brookfield have enough water?
- Ask NOW: Are there coyotes in Brookfield?