Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Trader Joe's has no impending Brookfield plans
Issue: A while ago a reader heard that a Trader Joe's was coming to the Fashion Plaza on Bluemound Road, but since then hasn't heard anything about it. She is wondering if the store is still planning on coming to Brookfield.
Status: Dan Ertl, director of community development, said Trader Joe's has not had any formal communication with the city of Brookfield. But, he added, he has been in communication with the real estate broker who works with Trader Joe's.
Ertl told the agent that the Brookfield community would like to have a Trader Joe's and identified possible sites for a new store.
"A formal application has not been made on any of the sites I identified, but we remain hopeful," Ertl said.
I spoke with Alison Mochizuki, publicity representative for Trader Joe's, and she said Trader Joe's has no plan to open a Brookfield store in the next two years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: What is the procedure for plowing snow?
- Ask NOW: Are there local families who will use a food pantry this Thanksgiving?
- Ask NOW: Why are there barriers at Brookfield Road and North Avenue?
- Ask NOW: Will sidewalks on Capitol Drive be cleared of snow this winter?
- Ask NOW: Are little roadside libraries allowed in Brookfield?
- Ask NOW: What are costs of maintaining and demolishing Eble Park barn?
- Ask NOW: Who is responsible for cutting the grass along the new sidewalk on Capitol Drive?
- Ask NOW: Public meeting addresses future of Eble Park
- Ask NOW: Will the dog swimming area at Fox Brook Park re-open?
- Ask NOW: How does the local senior taxi service work?
- Ask NOW: Is it legal to drive with headphones on?
- Ask NOW: Do I need to get a license for my pets?
- Ask NOW: When is it too early to cut your grass?
- Ask NOW: Can an underage person drink alcohol if they are with a parent?
- Ask NOW: When will Brookfield expand its recycling program?
- Ask NOW: Does the Brookfield Public Library routinely forgive fines?
- Ask NOW: What happens to blood after it's donated?
- Ask NOW: Has the city of Brookfield surveyed the white tail deer population this winter?
- Ask NOW: What happened to the Elm Grove Inn?
- Ask NOW: How are traffic cameras being used?