Brookfield resident Trish Paskov was named one of the 10 finalists in the Distinguished Young Women National Finals this weekend in Mobile, Ala.
Paskov, a graduate of Brookfield East High School, received a $3,000 scholarship and also earned a $1,000 award during preliminary competition for an essay on leadership.
Paskov, who plans to attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison, received a total of $9,200 in scholarships at the local, state and national levels of competitions.
She competed against 49 other young women from across the country in the scholarship program's finals in Alabama. Katye Brock of Tennessee was selected as the Distinguished Young Woman of America for 2011 and received a $40,000 cash scholarship.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series