Brookfield resident Trish Paskov was named one of the 10 finalists in the Distinguished Young Women National Finals this weekend in Mobile, Ala.
Paskov, a graduate of Brookfield East High School, received a $3,000 scholarship and also earned a $1,000 award during preliminary competition for an essay on leadership.
Paskov, who plans to attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison, received a total of $9,200 in scholarships at the local, state and national levels of competitions.
She competed against 49 other young women from across the country in the scholarship program's finals in Alabama. Katye Brock of Tennessee was selected as the Distinguished Young Woman of America for 2011 and received a $40,000 cash scholarship.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stores to open doors earlier on Thanksgiving at Brookfield Square
- Brookfield East students spend four days out in the wilderness for 'Trees For Tomorrow' workshop
- Brookfield, Elm Grove governments give more to senior taxi service
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Nov. 20
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 20
- Ask Now: What's happening in Brookfield at I-94 and Moorland?
- Irgens opens TIF talks in Brookfield, gets approval on other steps
- Neumann hopes for more success in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Nov. 20
- Business Spotlight: Taking pictures is easier today, but taking good pictures is not, as Mike Crivel