Brookfield resident Trish Paskov was named one of the 10 finalists in the Distinguished Young Women National Finals this weekend in Mobile, Ala.
Paskov, a graduate of Brookfield East High School, received a $3,000 scholarship and also earned a $1,000 award during preliminary competition for an essay on leadership.
Paskov, who plans to attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison, received a total of $9,200 in scholarships at the local, state and national levels of competitions.
She competed against 49 other young women from across the country in the scholarship program's finals in Alabama. Katye Brock of Tennessee was selected as the Distinguished Young Woman of America for 2011 and received a $40,000 cash scholarship.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: March 6
- You asked, mayoral hopefuls answered
- Ballet school helps students move with grace, confidence
- Ask NOW: Who were the Ebles and what did they want for their land?
- Starbucks looks to replace Burger King in Town of Brookfield
- News & Notes: March 4
- Mayoral candidates ramping up campaigns
- Sensenbrenner talks Republican strategy at Brookfield gathering
- Burleigh receives inspirational, disabled speaker
- In Our Schools: March 6