Brookfield resident Trish Paskov was named one of the 10 finalists in the Distinguished Young Women National Finals this weekend in Mobile, Ala.
Paskov, a graduate of Brookfield East High School, received a $3,000 scholarship and also earned a $1,000 award during preliminary competition for an essay on leadership.
Paskov, who plans to attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison, received a total of $9,200 in scholarships at the local, state and national levels of competitions.
She competed against 49 other young women from across the country in the scholarship program's finals in Alabama. Katye Brock of Tennessee was selected as the Distinguished Young Woman of America for 2011 and received a $40,000 cash scholarship.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: July 31, 2014 issue
- Brookfield National Night Out unites community against crime
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts receives $50,000 grant
- Spirited duo brings entertainment, inspiration to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 31
- Upcoming meetings: July 31
- Village heeds objections to trash change
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Elm Grove man imparts financial knowledge to youth