More than $5,000 in appliances and copper piping was taken from a vacant duplex in the 18000 block of Hoffman Avenue, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also from the report:
The front door of the four-unit duplex was kicked open between June 23 and June 28.
Six water heaters, three ranges, three refrigerators, two washing machines, two driers and copper piping were taken
An inspection company that was hired by North Shore Bank, which owns the property, found the damage and missing appliances June 28.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Dec. 18
- Brookfield public hearing brings out sizable support for quarry housing proposal
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Brookfield shoppers advised to take caution
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Dec. 11
- Town of Brookfield welcomes potential new partner on The Corners development
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Dec. 18
- Local artist Sue Lawton writes and illustrates 'The Fire Keepers' for Sharon Lynne Wilson Center
- Brookfield Public Library recommendations: Dec. 18
- Weekly Planner: Dec. 18