Thunderstorms knocked out power to more than 500 homes and businesses in the town of Brookfield on Monday morning.
According to the We Energies website:
An outage reported just after 10 a.m. left 560 customers south of Interstate 94, near Brookfield Road, without power.
Also, about five customers near the intersection of Bluemound and Brookfield roads and about 16 customers just east of Rolling Meadows Park are without power.
In the city of Brookfield, near Greenfield Avenue and just east of 124th Street, about 50 customers were without power.
The cause of the outages remained under investigation just before noon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield council sends well head amendment back to committee
- Program allows students to honor influential teachers
- Brookfield, Elm Grove businesses donate hundreds of items to Women's Center
- Annual parade a source of pride in Elm Grove
- Public Forum: City leaders stray from the Comprehensive Plan
- Public hearing focuses on would-be village tied to towns of Brookfield and Waukesha
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: May 7
- Waukesha County updates categorization of dangerous animals
- Elm Grove woman passes on skating legacy to youth
- In Our Schools: May 7, 2015