Thunderstorms knocked out power to more than 500 homes and businesses in the town of Brookfield on Monday morning.
According to the We Energies website:
An outage reported just after 10 a.m. left 560 customers south of Interstate 94, near Brookfield Road, without power.
Also, about five customers near the intersection of Bluemound and Brookfield roads and about 16 customers just east of Rolling Meadows Park are without power.
In the city of Brookfield, near Greenfield Avenue and just east of 124th Street, about 50 customers were without power.
The cause of the outages remained under investigation just before noon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Video: Brookfield Harley lover is 100 and still biking
- Plaza 173 project in Brookfield has residents concerned
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun
- Elm Grove approves paving bids for 124th Street and Elmhurst Parkway
- Teachers as well as athletes to get coaching in Greenfield schools
- Makeover on schedule for Brookfield's 124th Street Commerce District
- News & Notes: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Town of Brookfield police warn against counterfeit bills