Thunderstorms knocked out power to more than 500 homes and businesses in the town of Brookfield on Monday morning.
According to the We Energies website:
An outage reported just after 10 a.m. left 560 customers south of Interstate 94, near Brookfield Road, without power.
Also, about five customers near the intersection of Bluemound and Brookfield roads and about 16 customers just east of Rolling Meadows Park are without power.
In the city of Brookfield, near Greenfield Avenue and just east of 124th Street, about 50 customers were without power.
The cause of the outages remained under investigation just before noon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- County accepting bids for demolition of Eble Barn
- Elm Grove Notes: July 24
- ActionCoach of Brookfield helps businesses grow and prosper
- Elm Grove considers ways to slow down traffic
- Brookfield Central High School teacher battles liver failure, shows improvement
- Brookfield Plan Commission takes a look at two developments
- Ask Now: How does annexation actually work?
- Group seeks to revitalize Brookfield's original village
- Brookfield Gold Medal student hopes more follow in her footsteps
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 17