Two people charged with homicide in the death of a Brookfield business owner are scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing on Friday.
Tommy V. Douyette, 42, and Lynn M. Hajny, 48, are respectively charged with first-degree intentional homicide and being a party to first-degree intentional homicide in the beating and strangulation death of John Aegerter in his home on Golf Parkway on June 22.
They could be ordered to stand trial on the charges if Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Martin Binn finds probable cause to believe the allegations are true in Friday's preliminary hearing.
According to a criminal complaint, Douyette and Hajny went to Aegerter's home to confront him about money he owed Hajny's husband. Douyette, under the direction of Hajny, bludgeoned and strangled the 63-year-old.
A tip from Hajny's cousin led to their arrests in Slinger on June 22.
Douyette and Hajny are both being held in Waukesha County Jail on $500,000 bail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series