A Florida woman tried to elude Elm Grove police after an attempt to cash a fraudulent check went awry July 14, according to an Elm Grove police report.
Also in the report:
An employee of M&I Bank, 900 Elm Grove Road, alerted police when the 21-year-old woman attempted to cash a stolen check just before 5 p.m. July 14.
The woman fled in a car when officers arrived and led them on a chase that ended on Sunnyslope Road, near Beechwood Avenue in the city of Brookfield, after one of her tires went flat.
She was arrested after a brief attempt to run away.
A theft charge and numerous traffic violations are pending against the woman. She was booked into Waukesha County Jail.
She also provided information on similar offenses that she committed in other municipalities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series
- Author Spike Carlsen to Appear at Elm Grove Library