A Florida woman tried to elude Elm Grove police after an attempt to cash a fraudulent check went awry July 14, according to an Elm Grove police report.
Also in the report:
An employee of M&I Bank, 900 Elm Grove Road, alerted police when the 21-year-old woman attempted to cash a stolen check just before 5 p.m. July 14.
The woman fled in a car when officers arrived and led them on a chase that ended on Sunnyslope Road, near Beechwood Avenue in the city of Brookfield, after one of her tires went flat.
She was arrested after a brief attempt to run away.
A theft charge and numerous traffic violations are pending against the woman. She was booked into Waukesha County Jail.
She also provided information on similar offenses that she committed in other municipalities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove approves of gourmet grilled cheese
- Parkside 23, with a garden out back, pays attention to the seasons
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Planner: Oct. 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 23
- Nov. 4 ballot features six contested races
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Oct. 30
- Elm Grove levy projected to increase 1.03 percent
- Brookfield still pecking at chicken issue
- Elm Grove waste removal to remain the same