An umpire working a softball game at Village Park last week says he was pushed by a player who disagreed with a call, according to an Elm Grove police report.
Elm Grove police are investigating the incident, which allegedly took place during a game Thursday.
Also from the report:
The 50-year-old Waukesha man was umpiring a softball game when an altercation unfolded with a 50-year-old Elm Grove man just before 8:30 p.m. Thursday .
The umpire said the Elm Grove man, a player in the game, threw a baseball glove at him and pushed him when he made a call that the player didn't agree with.
The umpire reported the incident Sunday, saying an existing neck injury was agitated when the Elm Grove man pushed him.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Midwest Gaming Classic to bring plenty of fun to Sheraton
- Elm Grove Junior Guild's Tree of Giving returns
- In Brief: Recycling event planned in May
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes: March 19
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Wheelchair basketball conference championship coming to Brookfield
- Early beginnings: Brookfield Central High senior becomes accomplished student composer
- Business Spotlight: Cookies by Design