An umpire working a softball game at Village Park last week says he was pushed by a player who disagreed with a call, according to an Elm Grove police report.
Elm Grove police are investigating the incident, which allegedly took place during a game Thursday.
Also from the report:
The 50-year-old Waukesha man was umpiring a softball game when an altercation unfolded with a 50-year-old Elm Grove man just before 8:30 p.m. Thursday .
The umpire said the Elm Grove man, a player in the game, threw a baseball glove at him and pushed him when he made a call that the player didn't agree with.
The umpire reported the incident Sunday, saying an existing neck injury was agitated when the Elm Grove man pushed him.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Grab a Bite: Elm Grove's Le Cakery more than just pastries
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?
- Brookfield Square plans emphasize light, outside entrances
- On the Move: Dec. 12
- Brookfield firefighters reunite with baby born at Goerke's Corners Park & Ride
- Former Brass owner reminisces in new book
- Anti-aging spa coming to Elm Grove in January
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Sensenbrenner tells Brookfield Republicans flag should not have been lowered for Mandela
- Elmbrook refinances debt services at lower rate, saves taxpayers $350,000