Homes on Independence and Imperial drives were damaged by fire July 26 and July 27.
A floor lamp tipped over and ignited nearby clothes in a condominium at 20155 Independence Drive just after midnight July 27, according to a city of Brookfield Fire Department press release.
The residents had already gotten out of the condo and smoke was bellowing from a second-floor bedroom window when firefighters arrived on the scene. A small fire was extinguished after causing about $1,000 in damage, according to the release.
It took Brookfield firefighters about 10 minutes to extinguish a fire that broke out in a clothes dryer in a home at 4720 Imperial Drive just before 4:30 p.m. July 26. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Damage is estimated at $1,000, according the fire department.
No injuries were reported in the fires.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City annexes Safro dealership from town
- Salon makeover gives nod to building's history
- Roundabout moves forward at Brookfield, North
- Resident calls for bike signage in village
- Ask NOW: Reader concerned about wooden path on Brookfield Road
- Police Report: April 15
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Local seniors find friendship, romance through music
- Brookfield East teens build Honda 350 from salvaged motorcycle parts
- In Our Schools: April 14