Homes on Independence and Imperial drives were damaged by fire July 26 and July 27.
A floor lamp tipped over and ignited nearby clothes in a condominium at 20155 Independence Drive just after midnight July 27, according to a city of Brookfield Fire Department press release.
The residents had already gotten out of the condo and smoke was bellowing from a second-floor bedroom window when firefighters arrived on the scene. A small fire was extinguished after causing about $1,000 in damage, according to the release.
It took Brookfield firefighters about 10 minutes to extinguish a fire that broke out in a clothes dryer in a home at 4720 Imperial Drive just before 4:30 p.m. July 26. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Damage is estimated at $1,000, according the fire department.
No injuries were reported in the fires.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: May 7, 2015
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Wilson Center embraces the risks inherent in the arts
- Social Security informational session next week at the Elm Grove Library
- New Elm Grove business to offer outlet for creativity
- Elm Grove church still considering cell tower
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Business Spotlight: Sunset Playhouse has come a long way
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: April 9
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove