Homes on Independence and Imperial drives were damaged by fire July 26 and July 27.
A floor lamp tipped over and ignited nearby clothes in a condominium at 20155 Independence Drive just after midnight July 27, according to a city of Brookfield Fire Department press release.
The residents had already gotten out of the condo and smoke was bellowing from a second-floor bedroom window when firefighters arrived on the scene. A small fire was extinguished after causing about $1,000 in damage, according to the release.
It took Brookfield firefighters about 10 minutes to extinguish a fire that broke out in a clothes dryer in a home at 4720 Imperial Drive just before 4:30 p.m. July 26. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Damage is estimated at $1,000, according the fire department.
No injuries were reported in the fires.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: March 5
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Elmbrook Education Foundation announces plan to create $5 million endowment fund over five years
- Public Forum: The Corridor project is worthy of city support
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: March 5
- Elm Grove, business association aim to team up on more effective marketing of the community
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Feb. 26
- 36 donate hair at St. Dominic's annual event
- Learning Rx: Theater teaches skills, vocabulary — and confidence