Homes on Independence and Imperial drives were damaged by fire July 26 and July 27.
A floor lamp tipped over and ignited nearby clothes in a condominium at 20155 Independence Drive just after midnight July 27, according to a city of Brookfield Fire Department press release.
The residents had already gotten out of the condo and smoke was bellowing from a second-floor bedroom window when firefighters arrived on the scene. A small fire was extinguished after causing about $1,000 in damage, according to the release.
It took Brookfield firefighters about 10 minutes to extinguish a fire that broke out in a clothes dryer in a home at 4720 Imperial Drive just before 4:30 p.m. July 26. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Damage is estimated at $1,000, according the fire department.
No injuries were reported in the fires.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 13
- Junior Guild donates $40,000 to local organizations
- District 7 alderwoman challenged by longtime resident Kris Seals
- Ask NOW: Is the emerald ash borer coming to Brookfield?
- Police Report: March 11
- Someone You Should Know: Special education teacher strives to help students
- You asked, mayoral hopefuls answered
- Mayoral candidates discuss budgeting, communication
- Man pleads not guilty to sexual assault in Brookfield