Homes on Independence and Imperial drives were damaged by fire July 26 and July 27.
A floor lamp tipped over and ignited nearby clothes in a condominium at 20155 Independence Drive just after midnight July 27, according to a city of Brookfield Fire Department press release.
The residents had already gotten out of the condo and smoke was bellowing from a second-floor bedroom window when firefighters arrived on the scene. A small fire was extinguished after causing about $1,000 in damage, according to the release.
It took Brookfield firefighters about 10 minutes to extinguish a fire that broke out in a clothes dryer in a home at 4720 Imperial Drive just before 4:30 p.m. July 26. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Damage is estimated at $1,000, according the fire department.
No injuries were reported in the fires.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- Man suspected in Brookfield bank robbery arrested
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 16
- Brookfield police, like all other city employees, will make pension contributions
- Brookfield Village to host 2nd Arts and Spirits Crawl
- Brookfield public hearing draws out new objections to North Avenue office building
- Brookfield suffers a rash of crimes targeting unlocked cars
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Oct. 16
- Brookfield-area residents question height, traffic and barn placement at Irgens information session
- Brookfield native's real estate app finding users in Florida, Chicago and beyond