A Lannon man notched his sixth drunken driving arrest after city of Brookfield police were called to a home because of a reported trespasser.
Officers responded to the 600 block of Calhoun Road just after 10:30 p.m. Friday, when family of the 48-year-old man reported he was outside their home pounding on windows and shouting, according to police reports.
Also from the reports:
Officers were conducting increased patrols in an effort to crackdown on drunken driving at the time of the call.
They arrived at the home in time to see the man accelerate rapidly from the driveway.
He was pulled over on Calhoun, near the Interstate 94 overpass, and failed sobriety tests. A blood sample was collected to determine his blood-alcohol content.
A recommendation for charges of driving while intoxicated, sixth offense, and driving with a suspended driver's license has been forwarded to the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office for review.
The man's family told officers he has a drinking problem, and they hadn't seen him for years before he showed up unexpectedly at their home Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series
- Author Spike Carlsen to Appear at Elm Grove Library
- Brookfield-area musicians get set for summer tour
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 4
- For Brookfield's Stas Venglevski, playing accordion is a way of life