A home in the 700 block of Oakwood Lane caught fire because cooking oil was left unattended, according to City of Brookfield firefighters.
According to a Fire Department press release:
Firefighters responded to the home at 770 Oakwood Lane about 6 p.m. and discovered smoke billowing from the front door and kitchen windows.
The owner was at home and said nobody was inside.
Unattended cooking oil started the top of the stove on fire.
Damage to the home is estimated at $40,000. The fire was contained to the kitchen, but the rest of the home was damaged by smoke.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- Video: Elmbrook Education Foundation awards first student grant
- BEAST Robotics advances to World competition
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18