A home in the 700 block of Oakwood Lane caught fire because cooking oil was left unattended, according to City of Brookfield firefighters.
According to a Fire Department press release:
Firefighters responded to the home at 770 Oakwood Lane about 6 p.m. and discovered smoke billowing from the front door and kitchen windows.
The owner was at home and said nobody was inside.
Unattended cooking oil started the top of the stove on fire.
Damage to the home is estimated at $40,000. The fire was contained to the kitchen, but the rest of the home was damaged by smoke.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Super Excavators speaks out against Brookfield at Capitol
- Girl Scouts practice teamwork for robotics competition
- Ask NOW: What is required of school buses crossing tracks?
- Wisconsin Hills students build teamwork in retreat
- Receive Brookfield, Elm Grove news on Facebook
- Woman to serve 2 years for stealing $225K from Brookfield company
- Juneau pathway being put to bid, again
- In Our Schools
- Drove over your cell phone? CPR may help
- News & Notes: Dec. 19