A Milwaukee man in a car with a flat tire was arrested for drunken driving after taking more than $130 in meat from Pick 'n Save, 12735 W. Capitol Drive, Sept. 8, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
Pick 'n Save staff reported the 27-year-old man had taken a large amount of meat from the store just before 3:30 p.m. Sept. 8.
An officer found the man driving east on Capitol Drive and followed him into Wauwatosa.
He stopped at Highway 100 shortly after one of his vehicle's tires shredded, exited the vehicle and attempted to walk away.
Upon seeing the officer, he put his hands in the air and said, "You got me, you got me."
A preliminary test revealed his blood-alcohol content was 0.16.
In addition to drunken driving and retail theft, he also was cited for having suspended license plates.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Town of Brookfield officials remain confident despite slow pace on The Corners
- Brookfield man nears end of quest to run a marathon in every state
- Taste of the Town: RiverMill Cafe in Elm Grove
- Brookfield water utility lead operator wins award with invention
- Elm Grove approves 2015 budget, 1.03 percent levy increase
- Elmbrook Education Foundation's annual Ladies Night fundraiser to help meet $100K goal