A Milwaukee man in a car with a flat tire was arrested for drunken driving after taking more than $130 in meat from Pick 'n Save, 12735 W. Capitol Drive, Sept. 8, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
Pick 'n Save staff reported the 27-year-old man had taken a large amount of meat from the store just before 3:30 p.m. Sept. 8.
An officer found the man driving east on Capitol Drive and followed him into Wauwatosa.
He stopped at Highway 100 shortly after one of his vehicle's tires shredded, exited the vehicle and attempted to walk away.
Upon seeing the officer, he put his hands in the air and said, "You got me, you got me."
A preliminary test revealed his blood-alcohol content was 0.16.
In addition to drunken driving and retail theft, he also was cited for having suspended license plates.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 28
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Video: Brookfield Harley lover is 100 and still biking
- Plaza 173 project in Brookfield has residents concerned
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun
- Elm Grove approves paving bids for 124th Street and Elmhurst Parkway
- Teachers as well as athletes to get coaching in Greenfield schools
- Makeover on schedule for Brookfield's 124th Street Commerce District
- News & Notes: Aug. 28, 2014 issue