A Milwaukee man in a car with a flat tire was arrested for drunken driving after taking more than $130 in meat from Pick 'n Save, 12735 W. Capitol Drive, Sept. 8, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
Pick 'n Save staff reported the 27-year-old man had taken a large amount of meat from the store just before 3:30 p.m. Sept. 8.
An officer found the man driving east on Capitol Drive and followed him into Wauwatosa.
He stopped at Highway 100 shortly after one of his vehicle's tires shredded, exited the vehicle and attempted to walk away.
Upon seeing the officer, he put his hands in the air and said, "You got me, you got me."
A preliminary test revealed his blood-alcohol content was 0.16.
In addition to drunken driving and retail theft, he also was cited for having suspended license plates.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls Village Board Approves TIF No. 12
- Brookfield project would call for city outlay of up to $2.6 million
- Business Spotlight: Brookfield's Game Universe West lets you match wits face to face
- Car as a canvas: Artists paint car for Hidden River Art Festival in Brookfield
- Business Notes: Sept. 18
- "Mousetrap" opens at Sunset Playhouse
- On the Move: Sept. 11
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept. 11
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 11
- Moorland Road makeover in Brookfield is on the horizon