A Milwaukee man in a car with a flat tire was arrested for drunken driving after taking more than $130 in meat from Pick 'n Save, 12735 W. Capitol Drive, Sept. 8, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
Pick 'n Save staff reported the 27-year-old man had taken a large amount of meat from the store just before 3:30 p.m. Sept. 8.
An officer found the man driving east on Capitol Drive and followed him into Wauwatosa.
He stopped at Highway 100 shortly after one of his vehicle's tires shredded, exited the vehicle and attempted to walk away.
Upon seeing the officer, he put his hands in the air and said, "You got me, you got me."
A preliminary test revealed his blood-alcohol content was 0.16.
In addition to drunken driving and retail theft, he also was cited for having suspended license plates.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: March 5
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Elmbrook Education Foundation announces plan to create $5 million endowment fund over five years
- Public Forum: The Corridor project is worthy of city support
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: March 5
- Elm Grove, business association aim to team up on more effective marketing of the community
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Feb. 26
- 36 donate hair at St. Dominic's annual event
- Learning Rx: Theater teaches skills, vocabulary — and confidence