Elm Grove officials likely won't call it the "Culver's ordinance," but that's basically what it is. Elm Grove is considering creating a village ordinance that will allow a Culver's drive-thru restaurant where Pizzeria Uno once operated.
According to Village Attorney Hector de la Mora, the popular fast-food chain would be the first of its kind in the village in terms of drive-thru food - and a change to village ordinance would be necessary to accommodate the restaurant.
Essentially what the new ordinance, to be taken up by the Legislative Committee on Nov. 17 followed by the Village Board on Nov. 22, would do is simply add "drive-thru" restaurants to the types of businesses allowed in certain zoning districts.
That change would pave the way for current Brookfield Culver's franchise owner Brian Shecterle to bring a Culver's to Elm Grove on Bluemound Road near Pilgrim Parkway. Internal and external renovations to the former Pizzeria Uno building would be necessary to turn it into a Culver's.
No official agreements are in place to bring the business to Elm Grove. For such a move to be made, a change in the zoning would likely be the first step.
WHAT: Legislative Committee review of proposed zoning code change
WHEN: 7 p.m. Nov. 17
WHERE: Village Hall, 13600 Juneau Blvd.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook Education Foundation announces plan to create $5 million endowment fund over five years
- Public Forum: The Corridor project is worthy of city support
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: March 5
- Elm Grove, business association aim to team up on more effective marketing of the community
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Feb. 26
- 36 donate hair at St. Dominic's annual event
- Learning Rx: Theater teaches skills, vocabulary — and confidence
- Grilled cheese specialty restaurant Tom and Chee plans spring opening in Elm Grove
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 12