Elm Grove officials likely won't call it the "Culver's ordinance," but that's basically what it is. Elm Grove is considering creating a village ordinance that will allow a Culver's drive-thru restaurant where Pizzeria Uno once operated.
According to Village Attorney Hector de la Mora, the popular fast-food chain would be the first of its kind in the village in terms of drive-thru food - and a change to village ordinance would be necessary to accommodate the restaurant.
Essentially what the new ordinance, to be taken up by the Legislative Committee on Nov. 17 followed by the Village Board on Nov. 22, would do is simply add "drive-thru" restaurants to the types of businesses allowed in certain zoning districts.
That change would pave the way for current Brookfield Culver's franchise owner Brian Shecterle to bring a Culver's to Elm Grove on Bluemound Road near Pilgrim Parkway. Internal and external renovations to the former Pizzeria Uno building would be necessary to turn it into a Culver's.
No official agreements are in place to bring the business to Elm Grove. For such a move to be made, a change in the zoning would likely be the first step.
WHAT: Legislative Committee review of proposed zoning code change
WHEN: 7 p.m. Nov. 17
WHERE: Village Hall, 13600 Juneau Blvd.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- Brookfield council sends well head amendment back to committee
- Program allows students to honor influential teachers
- Brookfield, Elm Grove businesses donate hundreds of items to Women's Center
- Annual parade a source of pride in Elm Grove
- Public Forum: City leaders stray from the Comprehensive Plan
- Public hearing focuses on would-be village tied to towns of Brookfield and Waukesha
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: May 7
- Waukesha County updates categorization of dangerous animals
- Elm Grove woman passes on skating legacy to youth