Elm Grove officials likely won't call it the "Culver's ordinance," but that's basically what it is. Elm Grove is considering creating a village ordinance that will allow a Culver's drive-thru restaurant where Pizzeria Uno once operated.
According to Village Attorney Hector de la Mora, the popular fast-food chain would be the first of its kind in the village in terms of drive-thru food - and a change to village ordinance would be necessary to accommodate the restaurant.
Essentially what the new ordinance, to be taken up by the Legislative Committee on Nov. 17 followed by the Village Board on Nov. 22, would do is simply add "drive-thru" restaurants to the types of businesses allowed in certain zoning districts.
That change would pave the way for current Brookfield Culver's franchise owner Brian Shecterle to bring a Culver's to Elm Grove on Bluemound Road near Pilgrim Parkway. Internal and external renovations to the former Pizzeria Uno building would be necessary to turn it into a Culver's.
No official agreements are in place to bring the business to Elm Grove. For such a move to be made, a change in the zoning would likely be the first step.
WHAT: Legislative Committee review of proposed zoning code change
WHEN: 7 p.m. Nov. 17
WHERE: Village Hall, 13600 Juneau Blvd.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Dec. 18
- Brookfield public hearing brings out sizable support for quarry housing proposal
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Brookfield shoppers advised to take caution
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Dec. 11
- Town of Brookfield welcomes potential new partner on The Corners development
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Dec. 18
- Local artist Sue Lawton writes and illustrates 'The Fire Keepers' for Sharon Lynne Wilson Center in
- Brookfield Public Library recommendations: Dec. 18
- Weekly Planner: Dec. 18