Just what are traffic cameras there for?
Issue: A reader noticed there are cameras attached to the new traffic lights along Capitol Drive at Lilly, Calhoun and Brookfield roads and wants to know what they are being used for. She is concerned they will be used to ticket drivers for driving through red or yellow lights.
Status: Michael Pyritz, Wisconsin Department of Transportation communications specialist, said the cameras were installed to detect the presence of vehicles in various lanes to control the signals, not to catch people running red lights.
"The cameras are user-friendly. They keep the flow of traffic going more smoothly and get people through the area with fewer delays and obstructions," Pyritz said.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
email@example.com or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: What is the procedure for plowing snow?
- Ask NOW: Are there local families who will use a food pantry this Thanksgiving?
- Ask NOW: Why are there barriers at Brookfield Road and North Avenue?
- Ask NOW: Will sidewalks on Capitol Drive be cleared of snow this winter?
- Ask NOW: Are little roadside libraries allowed in Brookfield?
- Ask NOW: What are costs of maintaining and demolishing Eble Park barn?
- Ask NOW: Who is responsible for cutting the grass along the new sidewalk on Capitol Drive?
- Ask NOW: Public meeting addresses future of Eble Park
- Ask NOW: Will the dog swimming area at Fox Brook Park re-open?
- Ask NOW: How does the local senior taxi service work?
- Ask NOW: Is it legal to drive with headphones on?
- Ask NOW: Do I need to get a license for my pets?
- Ask NOW: When is it too early to cut your grass?
- Ask NOW: Can an underage person drink alcohol if they are with a parent?
- Ask NOW: When will Brookfield expand its recycling program?
- Ask NOW: Does the Brookfield Public Library routinely forgive fines?
- Ask NOW: What happens to blood after it's donated?
- Ask NOW: Has the city of Brookfield surveyed the white tail deer population this winter?
- Ask NOW: What happened to the Elm Grove Inn?
- Ask NOW: Who's responsible for clearing snow in city?