The Elmbrook Humane Society has announced that Charley, a dog who had been brought to the shelter after being found floating on a chunk of ice in the Kinnickinnic River in mid-March, has been adopted.
The 2-year-old Charley is a pug/shepherd mix.
Charley's adoption story began with misfortune for his previous owner, a Milwaukee County resident that lost a house due to financial strain. Not able to care for several animals, Charley's owner shipped him to a family friend.
On March 17, a man spotted Charley floating on ice in the Kinnickinnic River. He alerted police, who rescued him. He was taken to the Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission. His owner wanted him to go to a no-kill shelter, so he wound up at Elmbrook.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man sentenced to 7 years for heroin death
- Elmbrook Senior Taxi's request for more funding supported by users of the service
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 18
- In Brief: Sept. 18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Sept. 18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept.18
- Brookfield students raise $500 for Elmbrook Humane Society
- Elm Grove experiencing a spree of thefts
- Falls Village Board Approves TIF No. 12