The Elmbrook Humane Society has announced that Charley, a dog who had been brought to the shelter after being found floating on a chunk of ice in the Kinnickinnic River in mid-March, has been adopted.
The 2-year-old Charley is a pug/shepherd mix.
Charley's adoption story began with misfortune for his previous owner, a Milwaukee County resident that lost a house due to financial strain. Not able to care for several animals, Charley's owner shipped him to a family friend.
On March 17, a man spotted Charley floating on ice in the Kinnickinnic River. He alerted police, who rescued him. He was taken to the Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission. His owner wanted him to go to a no-kill shelter, so he wound up at Elmbrook.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City annexes Safro dealership from town
- Salon makeover gives nod to building's history
- Roundabout moves forward at Brookfield, North
- Resident calls for bike signage in village
- Ask NOW: Reader concerned about wooden path on Brookfield Road
- Police Report: April 15
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Local seniors find friendship, romance through music
- Brookfield East teens build Honda 350 from salvaged motorcycle parts
- In Our Schools: April 14