The installation of a new water main in Elm Grove could create traffic headaches for drivers.
The village sent out a memo today to village residents to help them plan ahead.
According to the memo:
The installation of the water main on Wall Street and Elm Grove Road will start May 28.
This project will provide water service to a new senior-living facility on Wall Street and is expected to be completed by the end of August. Water main will be installed under Elm Grove Road from Bishops Lane in Brookfield to Wall Street in Elm Grove.
Wall Street will remain open to traffic, but delays should be expected. Elm Grove Road will be closed to through-traffic once the contractor reaches the intersection of Wall Street and Elm Grove Road. This closure is expected to last two weeks.
Access will only be allowed to homeowners and businesses in the closed area. Detour signs will be posted for the official detour route of Sunnyslope and Watertown Plank roads.
Residents can sign up for updates and alerts on the project on the village's website, ElmGroveWI.org.
Direct questions to Richard Paul, Jr., public works director, at (262) 782-6700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "Mousetrap" opens at Sunset Playhouse
- On the Move: Sept. 11
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept. 11
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 11
- Moorland Road makeover in Brookfield is on the horizon
- In Brief: Library book sale; Wilson Center arts fest
- Rash of vehicle break-ins in Elm Grove
- Elmbrook Senior Taxi service seeks increased funding
- Business Notes: Sept.11
- 27 Brookfield students named National Merit semifinalists