How does the local senior taxi service work?
Question: I've heard that there is a taxi service that helps Elm Grove seniors get around. As a caregiver to a senior who no longer drives, I'm wondering how this program works and how to call for a ride.
Answer: The Elmbrook Senior Taxi service does indeed serve Elm Grove's seniors, but it also serves those in the city and town of Brookfield and in Butler, the program's website states.
Call (262) 785-1200 to schedule a ride to a doctor's appointment, trip to the beauty salon or for other errands or entertainments. The taxi is available between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
Rides cost $9.50 each way, or $4 for those with a Shared Fare Card, within the regular service area. It's a $1 more to go to the extended service area, which includes Mayfair mall and Froedtert Hospital, Elmbrook Senior Taxi co-founder Sandy Wolff told NOW Newspapers.
The program provides about 5,000 rides to local seniors annually, she said. Volunteer drivers keep the taxi service on the road.
Submit your question to firstname.lastname@example.org or online at
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: What is required of school buses crossing tracks?
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?
- Ask NOW: What is the procedure for plowing snow?
- Ask NOW: Are there local families who will use a food pantry this Thanksgiving?
- Ask NOW: Why are there barriers at Brookfield Road and North Avenue?
- Ask NOW: Will sidewalks on Capitol Drive be cleared of snow this winter?
- Ask NOW: Are little roadside libraries allowed in Brookfield?
- Ask NOW: What are costs of maintaining and demolishing Eble Park barn?
- Ask NOW: Who is responsible for cutting the grass along the new sidewalk on Capitol Drive?
- Ask NOW: Public meeting addresses future of Eble Park
- Ask NOW: Will the dog swimming area at Fox Brook Park re-open?
- Ask NOW: Is it legal to drive with headphones on?
- Ask NOW: Do I need to get a license for my pets?
- Ask NOW: When is it too early to cut your grass?
- Ask NOW: Can an underage person drink alcohol if they are with a parent?
- Ask NOW: When will Brookfield expand its recycling program?
- Ask NOW: Does the Brookfield Public Library routinely forgive fines?
- Ask NOW: What happens to blood after it's donated?
- Ask NOW: Has the city of Brookfield surveyed the white tail deer population this winter?
- Ask NOW: What happened to the Elm Grove Inn?