Sensenbrenner accepts nominations to military academies
U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, R-Menomonee Falls, is accepting applications from people interested in a nomination to attend the U.S. Naval, Military, Air Force or Merchant Marine academies beginning in the summer of 2014.
United States citizens living in Wisconsin's Fifth Congressional District and who are at least 17 years old, but not past their 23rd birthday, as of July 1, 2014, and who have reached their senior year in high school, are invited to apply. The deadline for completed applications is Oct. 15.
Once a candidate has submitted an application, an interview will be conducted by a member of the Congressman's Academy Selection Committee, which comprises community leaders from around the area. The interview will include a complete assessment of the candidate's character, motivation, interests and leadership potential. The Congressman will make his nominations to the Academies based on the recommendations of his committee.
Interested individuals are encouraged to speak to their high school counselor and apply for a nomination by contacting Sensenbrenner's district office, 120 Bishops Way, Room 154, Brookfield, WI 53005.
For information, call his office at (262) 784-1111.
Clare Bridge Place memory care facility has grand opening
Clare Bridge Place Brookfield, a Brookdale memory care community, will celebrate its grand opening Sept. 12. The event will feature live entertainment, summer refreshments and community tours.
Located 685 Woelfel Road, the community serves residents who require assistance with activities of daily living while providing a safe environment.
Clare Bridge Place Brookfield features a specially designed layout that offers a reassuring sense of safety to residents' days. Clare Bridge programming provides structure for each day and assists seniors who have memory impairment, offering care needed to ensure quality of life, the company stated in a news release.
For information, call Shelley Bundy King at (262) 789-7499.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stores to open doors earlier on Thanksgiving at Brookfield Square
- Brookfield East students spend four days out in the wilderness for 'Trees For Tomorrow' workshop
- Brookfield, Elm Grove governments give more to senior taxi service
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Nov. 20
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 20
- Ask Now: What's happening in Brookfield at I-94 and Moorland?
- Irgens opens TIF talks in Brookfield, gets approval on other steps
- Neumann hopes for more success in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Nov. 20
- Business Spotlight: Taking pictures is easier today, but taking good pictures is not, as Mike Crivel