County wants to know what you think should happen at Eble Park
Question: I've heard rumors that Waukesha County is going to raze the barn at Eble Park. What's going on at this property?
Answer: The Waukesha County Department of Parks and Land Use evaluates the condition and repair needs of buildings in the parks through the annual budget process, Parks Program Specialist Ginny Bocek said. After examining the extensive repair costs to address the structural issues, siding and painting needs of the Eble Park barn, it was determined further investment in that structure was not the best use of taxpayer funds.
Through the upcoming Master Plan Update process, the department will gather comments, ideas and suggestions for the development of Eble Park, she said. An open house is scheduled from 4 to 6 p.m. Sept. 30 in the lobby of the Eble Park Ice Arena, 19400 W. Bluemound Road.
Master planning creates a road map for future use, preservation and development, Bocek said. The process seeks input from all user groups, from area residents, community groups, county parks staff members and elected officials and synthesizes it into a visual and written document that directs future use, development and preservation of park land.
Anyone who has comments or ideas for Eble Park is invited to attend the open house and to take the department's online survey at www.waukeshacounty.gov/masterplan.
Submit your question by emailing email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: What is the procedure for plowing snow?
- Ask NOW: Are there local families who will use a food pantry this Thanksgiving?
- Ask NOW: Why are there barriers at Brookfield Road and North Avenue?
- Ask NOW: Will sidewalks on Capitol Drive be cleared of snow this winter?
- Ask NOW: Are little roadside libraries allowed in Brookfield?
- Ask NOW: What are costs of maintaining and demolishing Eble Park barn?
- Ask NOW: Who is responsible for cutting the grass along the new sidewalk on Capitol Drive?
- Ask NOW: Will the dog swimming area at Fox Brook Park re-open?
- Ask NOW: How does the local senior taxi service work?
- Ask NOW: Is it legal to drive with headphones on?
- Ask NOW: Do I need to get a license for my pets?
- Ask NOW: When is it too early to cut your grass?
- Ask NOW: Can an underage person drink alcohol if they are with a parent?
- Ask NOW: When will Brookfield expand its recycling program?
- Ask NOW: Does the Brookfield Public Library routinely forgive fines?
- Ask NOW: What happens to blood after it's donated?
- Ask NOW: Has the city of Brookfield surveyed the white tail deer population this winter?
- Ask NOW: What happened to the Elm Grove Inn?
- Ask NOW: How are traffic cameras being used?
- Ask NOW: Who's responsible for clearing snow in city?