Greek food isn't just for lunch or dinner anymore — it's also great for breakfast.
Cosmos Café, the popular restaurant at 7203 W. North Ave., has reinstated its weekend breakfast menu.
The move to bring back breakfast was due to customer response, said Helen Tselentis, who owns the restaurant along with her husband, Theo.
"We had breakfast when we first started back in 2009, and it was going well," Tselentis said. "This whole area has really been thriving, and as new places opened I think people were going to try them out as well. So our breakfast business started to decline, and we thought maybe people don't think of us as a breakfast place."
Tselentis said they stopped offering breakfast and focused efforts on their lunch and dinner menu. But that strategy didn't last long.
"When we stopped serving breakfast, customers were asking us, 'where's breakfast?'" she said. "We really enjoy serving breakfast and think we have a great product. Everyone who has eaten breakfast here likes it, so in November we started it up again."
Tselentis describes the weekend breakfast menu as simple, but with something for everyone. Customers can order a variety of omelets, or choose pancakes (traditional, blueberry or chocolate chip), French toast or eggs. For something a bit more Greek, the Gyro hash is the perfect choice. That is made with two eggs, tomatoes, onions, feta cheese and served with toast.
"Our Gyro hash is really tasty, hearty and homemade," she said, "and of course has a touch of Greek to it."
Just the Facts
BUSINESS: Cosmos Café
ADDRESS: 7203 W. North Ave, Wauwatosa
PHONE: (414) 257-2005
HOURS: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday
OWNERS: Helen and Theo Tselentis
Grab a Bite
Grab a Bite is an informal look at the food scene in the greater Wauwatosa, Brookfield and Elm Grove area. If you would like to suggest an eatery for Grab a Bite to visit, send an email to
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove's Le Cakery more than just pastries
- Red Dot aims to duplicate East Side success in Wauwatosa
- There's No Place Like Hom Woodfired Grill
- Mo's Irish Pub: A lively Irish American neighborhood eatery
- Sluggo's Sports Pub & Grill: Back in business on Burleigh
- Tall Guy and a Grill: BBQ finds new heights
- Cocina DeLeon: Old-world gourmet Mexican you make at home
- Burke's Irish Castle carrying on a local Irish legacy
- Albanese's Roadhouse serves up generations of Italian blessings
- BelAir Cantina: A breezy, Cali-Mex casual eatery
- Jake's: More than just steak and potatoes
- Sherbrooke: A bit of Canada right in Tosa, eh
- Colonel Hart's: A true neighborhood hangout
- Caroline's, with homemade lunch and sweets just like mom made
- Ted's: It's Cheers without the beers
- Penelope's: A labor of love in heart of Elm Grove
- Drink in a bit of island life at Jimmy's Island Grill and Iguana Bar in Wauwatosa
- North Avenue Grill Same name, new owner
- North Avenue Grill: Same name, new owner
- Andrea's Red Rooster a spot for business or casual dining