The Elmbrook School District announced that all public schools will be closed Monday due to expected weather conditions, Superintendent Mark Hansen said.
Elmbrook is just one of several school districts across the Milwaukee area that has chosen to cancel class on Monday because of concerns regarding a wind chill warning issued by the National Weather Service.
According to www.weather.com, the expected high on Monday will be approximately 13 degrees below zero.
"We have started to notify parents and staff through our phone notification system," Hansen said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove, business association aim to team up on more effective marketing of the community
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Feb. 26
- 36 donate hair at St. Dominic's annual event
- Learning Rx: Theater teaches skills, vocabulary — and confidence
- Grilled cheese specialty restaurant Tom and Chee plans spring opening in Elm Grove
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 12
- Limited ballot awaits Brookfield, Elm Grove voters
- Business Notes: Feb. 12
- News & Notes: Feb. 12, 2015