The Elmbrook School District announced that all public schools will be closed Monday due to expected weather conditions, Superintendent Mark Hansen said.
Elmbrook is just one of several school districts across the Milwaukee area that has chosen to cancel class on Monday because of concerns regarding a wind chill warning issued by the National Weather Service.
According to www.weather.com, the expected high on Monday will be approximately 13 degrees below zero.
"We have started to notify parents and staff through our phone notification system," Hansen said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 29
- Business Notes: Jan. 29
- New Brookfield bus line runs familiar, faster route (1)
- Elm Grove amends ordinance to protect trees
- Brookfield officials welcome multifamily project on Lisbon Road
- Retired Elm Grove police chief remembered
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Jan. 29
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Jan. 29