The Elmbrook School District announced that all public schools will be closed Monday due to expected weather conditions, Superintendent Mark Hansen said.
Elmbrook is just one of several school districts across the Milwaukee area that has chosen to cancel class on Monday because of concerns regarding a wind chill warning issued by the National Weather Service.
According to www.weather.com, the expected high on Monday will be approximately 13 degrees below zero.
"We have started to notify parents and staff through our phone notification system," Hansen said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: March 6
- You asked, mayoral hopefuls answered
- Ballet school helps students move with grace, confidence
- Ask NOW: Who were the Ebles and what did they want for their land?
- Starbucks looks to replace Burger King in Town of Brookfield
- News & Notes: March 4
- Mayoral candidates ramping up campaigns
- Sensenbrenner talks Republican strategy at Brookfield gathering
- Burleigh receives inspirational, disabled speaker
- In Our Schools: March 6