The timing may have been coincidental, but it couldn't have worked out better for Gerry Loebel. In 2005, shortly before the economic downturn, the local businessman sold his cast polymer products manufacturing company and retired. Last year, with the economy on the upswing, he reacquired the business (formerly known as Custom Marble Products) and re-entered the working world.
"After seven years, I ran out of things to do in retirement," said Loebel, owner of Pro-Cast, Inc., a full-line manufacturer of cast polymer products for home and commercial use, including kitchen countertops, shower bases and vanity tops. "I also missed this place. I like dealing with customers and presenting them with new ideas and solutions."
Competition markedly thinned during Loebel's sabbatical, providing the business with a decided competitive advantage upon his return. According to Loebel, when he retired, more than 1,200 cast polymer products manufacturers operated nationwide. The recession shaved about 800 of his peers from the marketplace, including all but one of his Milwaukee-area rivals.
"I came across cast polymer products early in my career and believe they're the best on the market," said Loebel, who originally opened his business in 1981. "Cast polymer products are more cost-effective, environmentally friendly, durable, easier to clean and repel water better than plastic laminate with a porcelain bowl. They're manmade, chemically bonded, mineral-filled, polymeric materials, which are molded and blended in a variety of surfaces and shapes that meet diverse design needs."
Pro-Cast's inventory is available with gloss or matte finishes in more than 70 colors — many of which exist in their vanity and kitchen top displays exhibited in their Brookfield showroom.
"Our vanity bowl selection alone comes in over 30 design styles — the largest collection in the industry," Loebel said. "Pro-Cast has products that aren't available in other places, such as box stores like Lowe's and Home Depot. Customers also really enjoy the versatility of cast polymer products, which allows us to customize their item to their specifications."
To suggest a business for this spotlight, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Pro-Cast, Inc.
ADDRESS: 3313 N. 124th St., Brookfield
PHONE: (262) 783-1200
OWNER: Gerry Loebel
TYPE OF BUSINESS: cast polymer products manufacturer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: From Panera to Blaze Pizza in Brookfield, franchise owner has succeeded again
- Brookfield's Pet Supplies Plus caters to a four-footed customer base
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: Jamba Juice
- Business Spotlight: Taking pictures is easier today, but taking good pictures is not, as Mike Crivel
- Business Spotlight: Elite Sport & Spine LLC
- Brookfield's O' What a Day Cafe strives to make any day a good day to stop in
- Skateland, jut beyond Brookfield, proves an enduring attraction for a fun night out
- Business spotlight: Brookfield dry cleaner emphasizes efficiency and economy for customers
- Business Spotlight Employees make Brookfield's Half Price Books work in a changing literary world
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Chiropractor takes a full-body wellness approach
- Brookfield business sells, buys 'gently used' children's goods
- Brookfield promotional business advocates useful items, not trinkets
- Company helps people, businesses save on energy
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Fazio's chocolate shop a second chance at happiness
- Local art gallery boasts diversified collection
- Ballet school helps students move with grace, confidence
- Enhancing Light Cosmetic Laser comes to Elm Grove
- Matt Schultz's search for a franchise was led by the heart