City of Brookfield
1A purse containing credit cards was taken from a car in the parking lot at Elite Sports Club, 13825 W. Burleigh Road, between 8:40 and 9:40 a.m. Jan. 20. A window was smashed to gain entry.
2About 15 bags of salt were taken from outside Ridgewood Baptist Church, 2720 Lilly Road, between Jan. 19 and Jan. 21.
3A woman was arrested for employee theft at JC Penney at Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, about 2 p.m. Jan. 21.
4Three antique presidential documents, valued about $23,000, were taken from an office at Brookfield Lakes Corporate Center, 250 N. Patrick Blvd., between Jan. 1 and Jan. 18.
5Several phone cases were taken from the Talk N Fix kiosk in Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, several weeks ago. The manager called police to say he heard his employees have been trading products with other kiosks.
6Victoria's Secret is planning to prosecute at least two people for taking more than $500 in merchandise from its store at Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, about 7 p.m. Jan. 22.
7An iPad valued at $400, owned by Wisconsin Hills Middle School, was taken from the school, 18700 W. Wisconsin Ave., between 8:14 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Jan. 17.
8Someone tried to break into three businesses in the 16600 block of West Bluemound Road, and gained entry into one, but did not appear to take anything. The break-ins were reported about 5 p.m. Jan. 24.
9A Brookfield man was arrested for drunken driving near River and Barker roads about 1 a.m. Jan. 23 after he hit a pole with his car and was found walking down the road.
· A Brookfield woman reported receiving an email she believed was a scam about 4:30 p.m. Jan. 21. The sender was "looking for a trustworthy person to handle $19 million."
10A caller reported seeing men wearing ski masks and flashing money from a car near Capitol Drive and Brookfield Road about 4 p.m. Jan. 21. The men were stopped by police and denied the actions.
11A man carrying a concealed gun at Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, was escorted to his vehicle and informed that guns are not allowed in the mall about 7 p.m. Jan. 24. Someone saw a holster under his coat and called police.
12More than 40 people were booted from a room at the Residence Inn, 950 S. Pinehurst Court, about 11:30 p.m. Jan. 25, due to a six guest maximum policy, after other guests complained about noise. The people were having a party with deejay equipment and entertainers.
13A man wearing a Milwaukee police hat, displaying a badge and telling everyone he was "under cover," is suspected of impersonating an officer at Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, about 4 p.m. Jan. 26. He called himself "Deputy Rodrigez," and said he had "cornered the suspects" in the parking lot.
· At least seven cars were reported in ditches in the city Jan. 26, due to slippery conditions.
Town of Brookfield
14About $1,400 worth of merchandise was purchased from Gaspard, 200 N. Janacek Road, with a reportedly stolen credit card Nov. 20. The buyer identified himself as a pastor and bought four men's cassocks, a bishop's cape and three shirts. The company shipped the order before learning the cardholder disputed the charges Jan. 10. The cardholder was refunded.
Village of Elm Grove
15Two guns valued at $800 were taken from a home in the 15200 block of Watertown Plank Road shortly before it was reported about 1:30 p.m. Jan. 26. There were no signs of forced entry. There were fresh footprints in the snow. Police are investigating.
· An Elm Grove resident got a call from someone claiming to be with the Waukesha County Police Association that she believed was a scam. When she called police about 2:30 p.m. Jan. 22, she was told several similar incidents had been reported.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series
- Author Spike Carlsen to Appear at Elm Grove Library
- Brookfield-area musicians get set for summer tour
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 4