Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
What will happen to Applebee's in light of the Corners project?
Question: With construction planned to begin this year on the Corners development at Bluemound and Barker roads, what will happen to Applebee's?
Answer: Although Applebee's likely will close when construction on the Corners begins, the restaurant's management hopes it will be able to stay and become part of the development, or at least not move too far away.
Tim Randall, chief legal counsel for Wisconsin Hospitality Group, which operates the Applebee's at 20101 W. Bluemound Road, said the group has been in discussions with Corners developer Marcus Corp., but has not yet been able to settle on an agreement.
Randall said if they can come to a favorable agreement, it would be ideal for Applebee's to be part of the Corners, a 19-acre, mixed-use apartment and retail project to be anchored by Von Maur.
"I think the Corners is a really intriguing project and will do lot for the Brookfield market in terms of jobs and retail activity," Randall said. "We're excited about it."
If the parties can't come to an agreement, Randall said the company will try to keep a restaurant in the city. The current location has been in operation since 1991.
"We absolutely want to continue to be a member of the community," Randall said.
Email Rory Linnane with your question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Who were the Ebles and what did they want for their land?
- Ask NOW: Are there plans for improvements at Calhoun and Burleigh roads?
- Ask NOW: What's going on in the old Ethan Allen store?
- Ask NOW: How many dump trucks of dirt will be coming out of the Corners?
- Ask NOW: Does Brookfield pay its interns?
- Ask NOW: Will residents soon have to take trash to the curb?
- Ask NOW: Has moving fire station caused delays for responses to Brookfield Square?
- Ask NOW: How can the city get a park on the Sileno property?
- Ask NOW: Does BRAD group have conflict of interest?
- Ask NOW: Who is Goerke?
- Ask NOW: What is required of school buses crossing tracks?
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?
- Ask NOW: What is the procedure for plowing snow?
- Ask NOW: Are there local families who will use a food pantry this Thanksgiving?
- Ask NOW: Why are there barriers at Brookfield Road and North Avenue?
- Ask NOW: Will sidewalks on Capitol Drive be cleared of snow this winter?
- Ask NOW: Are little roadside libraries allowed in Brookfield?
- Ask NOW: What are costs of maintaining and demolishing Eble Park barn?
- Ask NOW: Who is responsible for cutting the grass along the new sidewalk on Capitol Drive?
- Ask NOW: Public meeting addresses future of Eble Park