Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
What will become of the old Ethan Allen store?
Question: After seeing work going on inside, a reader wants to know what's going on inside the former Ethan Allen store on Capitol Drive.
Answer: The former Ethan Allen building at 14750 W. Capitol Drive, which has been vacant for at least three years, could soon see new life.
AdSerts, an advertising agency currently located at 1675 N. Barker Road in Brookfield, plans to open a second location in the space.
Since Ethan Allen moved to Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, at least two other companies have considered the site, including Ducati Milwaukee and Pet Supplies Plus, Economic Development Director Tim Casey said.
Ducati ultimately decided on another building in West Allis. Pet Supplies Plus made plans to move there in 2012 and received final approval from the Common Council before deciding it wasn't an ideal location, he said.
AdSerts, which owns the building, got an occupancy permit from the city in October and plans to open in the next month, Casey said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Who were the Ebles and what did they want for their land?
- Ask NOW: Are there plans for improvements at Calhoun and Burleigh roads?
- Ask NOW: How many dump trucks of dirt will be coming out of the Corners?
- Ask NOW: Does Brookfield pay its interns?
- Ask NOW: What's happening to Applebee's?
- Ask NOW: Will residents soon have to take trash to the curb?
- Ask NOW: Has moving fire station caused delays for responses to Brookfield Square?
- Ask NOW: How can the city get a park on the Sileno property?
- Ask NOW: Does BRAD group have conflict of interest?
- Ask NOW: Who is Goerke?
- Ask NOW: What is required of school buses crossing tracks?
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?
- Ask NOW: What is the procedure for plowing snow?
- Ask NOW: Are there local families who will use a food pantry this Thanksgiving?
- Ask NOW: Why are there barriers at Brookfield Road and North Avenue?
- Ask NOW: Will sidewalks on Capitol Drive be cleared of snow this winter?
- Ask NOW: Are little roadside libraries allowed in Brookfield?
- Ask NOW: What are costs of maintaining and demolishing Eble Park barn?
- Ask NOW: Who is responsible for cutting the grass along the new sidewalk on Capitol Drive?
- Ask NOW: Public meeting addresses future of Eble Park