Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
What will become of the old Ethan Allen store?
Question: After seeing work going on inside, a reader wants to know what's going on inside the former Ethan Allen store on Capitol Drive.
Answer: The former Ethan Allen building at 14750 W. Capitol Drive, which has been vacant for at least three years, could soon see new life.
AdSerts, an advertising agency currently located at 1675 N. Barker Road in Brookfield, plans to open a second location in the space.
Since Ethan Allen moved to Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, at least two other companies have considered the site, including Ducati Milwaukee and Pet Supplies Plus, Economic Development Director Tim Casey said.
Ducati ultimately decided on another building in West Allis. Pet Supplies Plus made plans to move there in 2012 and received final approval from the Common Council before deciding it wasn't an ideal location, he said.
AdSerts, which owns the building, got an occupancy permit from the city in October and plans to open in the next month, Casey said.
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What makes a left turn arrow appropriate?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Any thoughts of turkey population control?
- Ask Now: Why can trains blow horns in Brookfield?
- Brookfield Ask Now: When will Calhoun Road be improved?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market?
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development?
- Ask Now: Do police keep those who live near crime scenes more informed?
- Ask Now: Are there any special rules for owners of pit bulls?
- Ask Now: Can you move snow into the street in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: How much are TIFs costing the city?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What will be done about the Elm Grove railroad crossing?
- Brookfield Ask Now: What are the plow drivers up to?
- Ask Now: How is Elm Grove's future park plan coming along?