Brookfield, Elm Grove pass limits on bowhunting
The city of Brookfield and village of Elm Grove have passed ordinances limiting bowhunting in the communities to the greatest extent allowed by the state, leaving it allowed only on private property where a hunter has permission from every residence within 100 yards.
The ordinances prohibit the use of bows and crossbows on land owned by the city of Brookfield or village of Elm Grove. However, there are some designated areas in city parks where bow and arrow use is allowed.
Both ordinances also require hunters to point their bows or crossbows down when they shoot.
The Brookfield Common Council passed the city ordinance Feb. 18, adding a provision that would allow the recreation department, "under proper supervision," to facilitate programs with bows and crossbows. The Elm Grove Village Board passed its ordinance Monday.
Village looking for summer workers
The Elm Grove Recreation Department is accepting applications for summer jobs, including recreation assistant, lifeguards, water safety instructors, pool desk attendants, tennis instructors, camp counselors and maintenance staff.
Applications are available at Village Hall and at ElmGroveWI.org. Questions can be directed to Recreation Director Erin Cross at (262) 782-6700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Midwest Gaming Classic to bring plenty of fun to Sheraton
- Elm Grove Junior Guild's Tree of Giving returns
- In Brief: Recycling event planned in May
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes: March 19
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Wheelchair basketball conference championship coming to Brookfield
- Early beginnings: Brookfield Central High senior becomes accomplished student composer
- Business Spotlight: Cookies by Design