Brookfield, Elm Grove pass limits on bowhunting
The city of Brookfield and village of Elm Grove have passed ordinances limiting bowhunting in the communities to the greatest extent allowed by the state, leaving it allowed only on private property where a hunter has permission from every residence within 100 yards.
The ordinances prohibit the use of bows and crossbows on land owned by the city of Brookfield or village of Elm Grove. However, there are some designated areas in city parks where bow and arrow use is allowed.
Both ordinances also require hunters to point their bows or crossbows down when they shoot.
The Brookfield Common Council passed the city ordinance Feb. 18, adding a provision that would allow the recreation department, "under proper supervision," to facilitate programs with bows and crossbows. The Elm Grove Village Board passed its ordinance Monday.
Village looking for summer workers
The Elm Grove Recreation Department is accepting applications for summer jobs, including recreation assistant, lifeguards, water safety instructors, pool desk attendants, tennis instructors, camp counselors and maintenance staff.
Applications are available at Village Hall and at ElmGroveWI.org. Questions can be directed to Recreation Director Erin Cross at (262) 782-6700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Video: Brookfield Harley lover is 100 and still biking
- Plaza 173 project in Brookfield has residents concerned
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun
- Elm Grove approves paving bids for 124th Street and Elmhurst Parkway
- Teachers as well as athletes to get coaching in Greenfield schools
- Makeover on schedule for Brookfield's 124th Street Commerce District
- News & Notes: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Town of Brookfield police warn against counterfeit bills