Brookfield, Elm Grove pass limits on bowhunting
The city of Brookfield and village of Elm Grove have passed ordinances limiting bowhunting in the communities to the greatest extent allowed by the state, leaving it allowed only on private property where a hunter has permission from every residence within 100 yards.
The ordinances prohibit the use of bows and crossbows on land owned by the city of Brookfield or village of Elm Grove. However, there are some designated areas in city parks where bow and arrow use is allowed.
Both ordinances also require hunters to point their bows or crossbows down when they shoot.
The Brookfield Common Council passed the city ordinance Feb. 18, adding a provision that would allow the recreation department, "under proper supervision," to facilitate programs with bows and crossbows. The Elm Grove Village Board passed its ordinance Monday.
Village looking for summer workers
The Elm Grove Recreation Department is accepting applications for summer jobs, including recreation assistant, lifeguards, water safety instructors, pool desk attendants, tennis instructors, camp counselors and maintenance staff.
Applications are available at Village Hall and at ElmGroveWI.org. Questions can be directed to Recreation Director Erin Cross at (262) 782-6700 or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series
- Author Spike Carlsen to Appear at Elm Grove Library
- Brookfield-area musicians get set for summer tour
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 4
- For Brookfield's Stas Venglevski, playing accordion is a way of life