I have had the pleasure of working with the vice chair of the Waukesha County Board, Supervisor Pat Haukohl, since she joined the board in 1996. I got to know Pat over the years through her work as Finance Committee chair. Supervisor Haukohl attends the initial budget meetings each summer as the county begins to develop its budget for the following year.
Pat listens to the challenges facing our department, asks excellent questions and offers insightful suggestions. She spends a significant amount of time in these meetings and because of that she has an expanded understanding of the issues.
Supervisor Jim Henrich spent many years on the County Board's Finance Committee and most recently serves as chair of the Land Use, Parks and Environment Committee. Jim's professional experience, working as a CPA, has been an asset to the County Board. Jim is a fiscal conservative — he will make sure your tax dollars are spent where they need to be spent.
I have also noticed Jim is not afraid to look at tough issues and voice his well-thought-out opinions on the County Board floor on what is in the best interest of Waukesha County.
I urge you to re-elect Supervisor Henrich to District 9 and Supervisor Haukohl to District 8 on April 1.
Waukesha County sheriff
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Penelope's in Elm Grove, with its varied menu, thrives in the heart of the villag
- Weekly Planner: Oct 2
- Elm Grove family key to Vietnam program
- Brookfield church using a game to decrease environmental impact
- In wake of theft spree, Brookfield police give gym safety tips
- Business Notes: Oct. 2
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 2
- Town of Brookfield plays a waiting game on The Corners
- Brookfield dog rescue operation tries to find a place in life for every dog
- Ask Now: Which has more park space per resident — the City of Brookfield, or Elm Grove?