Elm Grove Library collecting kids' poetry
Children ages 4 to 14 are invited to submit original poetry to the Elm Grove Public Library children's poetry contest any time during the month of March. Participants do not have to be Elm Grove residents. Entry forms are available at the library.
Winners of four age categories will be announced at the library's See a Juggler, Be a Juggler event at 2 p.m. April 12. Their poems will be printed on bookmarks distributed at the library.
Village looking for summer workers
The Elm Grove Recreation Department is accepting applications for summer jobs, including recreation assistant, lifeguards, water safety instructors, pool desk attendants, tennis instructors, camp counselors and maintenance staff.
Applications are available at Village Hall and at ElmGroveWI.org. Questions can be directed to Recreation Director Erin Cross at (262) 782-6700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 28
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Video: Brookfield Harley lover is 100 and still biking
- Plaza 173 project in Brookfield has residents concerned
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun
- Elm Grove approves paving bids for 124th Street and Elmhurst Parkway
- Teachers as well as athletes to get coaching in Greenfield schools
- Makeover on schedule for Brookfield's 124th Street Commerce District
- News & Notes: Aug. 28, 2014 issue