Elm Grove Library collecting kids' poetry
Children ages 4 to 14 are invited to submit original poetry to the Elm Grove Public Library children's poetry contest any time during the month of March. Participants do not have to be Elm Grove residents. Entry forms are available at the library.
Winners of four age categories will be announced at the library's See a Juggler, Be a Juggler event at 2 p.m. April 12. Their poems will be printed on bookmarks distributed at the library.
Village looking for summer workers
The Elm Grove Recreation Department is accepting applications for summer jobs, including recreation assistant, lifeguards, water safety instructors, pool desk attendants, tennis instructors, camp counselors and maintenance staff.
Applications are available at Village Hall and at ElmGroveWI.org. Questions can be directed to Recreation Director Erin Cross at (262) 782-6700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- Brookfield council sends well head amendment back to committee
- Program allows students to honor influential teachers
- Brookfield, Elm Grove businesses donate hundreds of items to Women's Center
- Annual parade a source of pride in Elm Grove
- Public Forum: City leaders stray from the Comprehensive Plan
- Public hearing focuses on would-be village tied to towns of Brookfield and Waukesha
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: May 7
- Waukesha County updates categorization of dangerous animals
- Elm Grove woman passes on skating legacy to youth