City of Brookfield
1Two laptop computers worth $1,700 were taken from two offices at Cyganiak Planning Inc., 3515 N. 124th St., between 7 p.m. March 10 and 7:26 a.m. March 11. It appeared someone had used a pry tool to gain entry to the building, and used physical force to open an interior locked door. Footprints outside the building suggested someone had looked through the windows and spotted the laptops before breaking in.
2An employee at GSF Mortgage Corp., 15430 W. Capitol Drive, said he believes someone entered his office between 7 p.m. March 10 and 9:50 a.m. March 11 and took his computer monitor. There were no signs of forced entry.
3The property manager at 17280 W. North Ave. said security footage showed a man and woman cutting plants in the lobby and taking the clippings in a purse, between 5:30 and 8 p.m. March 4. He said this had happened last year as well, and he was concerned about damage to the plants. The nearby building also reported three plants that were clipped.
4A 22-year-old woman was arrested for taking a pair of jeans from Buckle in Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, about 2:50 p.m. March 15.
5A 16-year-old boy was arrested for possession of marijuana at Brookfield East High School, 3305 Lilly Road, about 1:10 p.m. March 12.
6A man was cited for disorderly conduct and a woman cited for possession of marijuana at Best Western, 1005 S. Moorland Road, about 5:45 p.m. March 16, after someone reported 10 guests were physically fighting in the pool area.
7An employee in the 2200 block of North Calhoun Road went to her car to go on a break about 8:30 p.m. March 10 and found that someone had cracked her windshield and engraved the letter L on it.
8A man who walked into Barnes & Noble at Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, with a handgun strapped openly to his waist about 2:50 p.m. March 10 was advised by police that the mall bans firearms on the property.
9Someone called police about 3:40 p.m. March 10 to report a truck with Minnesota plates near Alta Louise Parkway and Willow Spring Drive, because "Mark Belling talked last year about a guy in New Berlin getting ripped off by a tree service from Minnesota." Police did not find any problems.
10A woman who got into a confrontation with a man at the dog park at 19900 River Road about 8:45 a.m. March 12 said the man pushed her to the ground and put her face in the snow because he was worried she was going to report him for not having control over his dog.
11A Milwaukee woman called police about 10:30 a.m. March 13 to report that two former coworkers who she thought lived in Brookfield were using the mail, television, advertisements and radio stations to sexually harass her, and she was worried they were planning lesbian sex parties to happen at her apartment. She was advised to avoid the Brookfield area and call police if anyone came to her home uninvited.
12A man wearing a low cutoff shirt at Xperience Fitness, 12575 W. Capitol Drive, became irate after staff asked him to change to adapt to the dress code about 3 p.m. March 13. He punched the walls, doors and glass in the locker room, then fled the scene.
· A man said his 10-year-old daughter sent an inappropriate picture of herself to someone he believes threatened her to send it. It wasn't until the suspect sent the photo to the girl's mother March 13 that the parents became aware of it. They reported it to police at 9:20 a.m. March 14, and police are investigating.
13A woman was reported for using racial slurs against staff at McDonalds, 300 N. Moorland Road, about 3:15 p.m. March 14. She left before police arrived.
14An employee at Walgreens, 2205 N. Calhoun Road, said a man became angry and refused to have her fill his medication because she was of Middle-Eastern descent about 3:40 p.m. March 14. He said he thought she would try to kill him with the medication.
·Police made one arrest for domestic violence March 10.
Town of Brookfield
15A resident in the 18100 block of West Wisconsin Avenue who has already been cited eight times, and is awaiting trial later this year, was reported again to police at 9:27 a.m. March 10 for standing nude in his doorway as a woman passed, holding his hands out at waist level and making an expression that made the woman think he was taunting her.
16Two Watertown men, 20 and 22, were arrested for obstructing an officer outside the Majestic Theater, 770 Springdale Road, about 11:50 p.m. March 8. One was also arrested for underage drinking. An officer smelled alcohol after seeing a passenger throw a large bucket of popcorn in the air and approaching the vehicle.
Village of Elm Grove
17A woman was arrested for driving after her license was revoked in the 14200 block of Bluemound Road about 1:50 p.m. March 11, after police pulled her over for driving in the curb lane for several blocks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 8
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 1
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 24
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 17
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 10
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 3
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 20
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 13
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 6
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 16
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 9
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 2
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 12
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 5
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 29
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 15