A woman called police when a man who was trying to send a selfie of himself as a zombie to his cousin sent it to her instead March 11.
According to the Elm Grove police report:
The man was trying to send a selfie to his cousin through an app called The Walking Dead Dead Yourself, which makes users look like zombies. But he accidentally sent it to a Brookfield woman, who called police about 6:30 p.m. March 11, saying it looked like the man had been assaulted.
Police contacted the man, who explained what happened and apologized for scaring the woman.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Dec. 18
- Brookfield public hearing brings out sizable support for quarry housing proposal
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Brookfield shoppers advised to take caution
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Dec. 11
- Town of Brookfield welcomes potential new partner on The Corners development
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Dec. 18
- Local artist Sue Lawton writes and illustrates 'The Fire Keepers' for Sharon Lynne Wilson Center
- Brookfield Public Library recommendations: Dec. 18
- Weekly Planner: Dec. 18