A woman who used her sister's identity to avoid arrest for driving with a suspended license in December was arrested for obstructing an officer about 8:45 p.m. March 27.
According to the Elm Grove police report:
The woman had been driving in the village and was pulled over Dec. 18 for an illegal U-turn. She said she used her sister's name because she didn't want to be arrested with her son in the car.
She was arrested at the Elm Grove Police Department, 13600 Juneau Blvd., on March 27. Police realized her lie when her sister called to dispute the ticket.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series