State Sen. Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa
· Vukmir has agreed to release emails from her personal account regarding her work with the American Legislative Exchange Council, which works with corporations and conservatives to write model legislation. The Madison-based liberal Center for Media and Democracy sued her in June, saying she violated the open records law by not releasing all records related to an ALEC conference in May. According to reporting by the Journal Sentinel, Vukmir said she did not release the records earlier because of "technical issues."
· A bill sponsored by Vukmir regarding doctor apologies passed the state Senate on Tuesday, April 1, on a 19-14 vote. It has been introduced in the Assembly. The bill would allow doctors to make statements that express "apology, benevolence, compassion, condolence, fault, liability, remorse, responsibility or sympathy" to a patient or a representative of a patient without it being held against them as evidence of liability.
U.S. Sens. Tammy Baldwin, D-Madison, and Ron Johnson, R-Osh Kosh
· Baldwin and Johnson both voted on a bill to provide economic aid to Ukraine and impose sanctions on Russia. Johnson proposed an amendment that passed, which removed reforms to the International Monetary Fund from the bill.
"To counter Vladimir Putin's aggressive actions, it is crucial for America and the West to speak with a strong and united voice in support of Ukraine and its territorial integrity," Johnson said in a statement.
· Baldwin and Johnson had to hand over some Wisconsin bratwurst and cheese to senators from Kentucky after losing a bet on the Badgers in the Final Four NCAA basketball game against the Kentucky Wildcats on April 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series