State Sen. Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa
· Vukmir has agreed to release emails from her personal account regarding her work with the American Legislative Exchange Council, which works with corporations and conservatives to write model legislation. The Madison-based liberal Center for Media and Democracy sued her in June, saying she violated the open records law by not releasing all records related to an ALEC conference in May. According to reporting by the Journal Sentinel, Vukmir said she did not release the records earlier because of "technical issues."
· A bill sponsored by Vukmir regarding doctor apologies passed the state Senate on Tuesday, April 1, on a 19-14 vote. It has been introduced in the Assembly. The bill would allow doctors to make statements that express "apology, benevolence, compassion, condolence, fault, liability, remorse, responsibility or sympathy" to a patient or a representative of a patient without it being held against them as evidence of liability.
U.S. Sens. Tammy Baldwin, D-Madison, and Ron Johnson, R-Osh Kosh
· Baldwin and Johnson both voted on a bill to provide economic aid to Ukraine and impose sanctions on Russia. Johnson proposed an amendment that passed, which removed reforms to the International Monetary Fund from the bill.
"To counter Vladimir Putin's aggressive actions, it is crucial for America and the West to speak with a strong and united voice in support of Ukraine and its territorial integrity," Johnson said in a statement.
· Baldwin and Johnson had to hand over some Wisconsin bratwurst and cheese to senators from Kentucky after losing a bet on the Badgers in the Final Four NCAA basketball game against the Kentucky Wildcats on April 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Penelope's in Elm Grove, with its varied menu, thrives in the heart of the villag
- Weekly Planner: Oct 2
- Elm Grove family key to Vietnam program
- Brookfield church using a game to decrease environmental impact
- In wake of theft spree, Brookfield police give gym safety tips
- Business Notes: Oct. 2
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 2
- Town of Brookfield plays a waiting game on The Corners
- Brookfield dog rescue operation tries to find a place in life for every dog
- Ask Now: Which has more park space per resident — the City of Brookfield, or Elm Grove?