Town of Brookfield police squads, fire trucks and ambulances regularly drive through the city of Brookfield. Likewise, city of Brookfield police squads, fire trucks and ambulances often travel through the town of Brookfield. The town of Brookfield Town Hall is a figurative stone's throw from the city hall of the city of Brookfield. The police station of the town of Brookfield is located within several blocks of the city of Brookfield's police station. The fire station of the town of Brookfield is a scant few minutes drive from the headquarters of the city of Brookfield's Fire Department.
The taxpayers and fee payers of the town of Brookfield and the city of Brookfield collectively could save hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars a year in taxes and fees were the town of Brookfield and the city of Brookfield to merge. It is fiscally insane to have two Brookfield police departments, two Brookfield fire departments, two Brookfield public works departments and two Brookfield municipal governance bodies.
Brookfield is one community. There should be only one Brookfield municipality. The town of Brookfield is an anachronism. The town of Brookfield and the city of Brookfield should merge.
Not someday. Now.
Jeffrey P. Clark
City of Brookfield
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield National Night Out unites community against crime
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts receives $50,000 grant
- Spirited duo brings entertainment, inspiration to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 31
- Upcoming meetings: July 31
- Village heeds objections to trash change
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Elm Grove man imparts financial knowledge to youth
- Elm Grove car show to benefit wheelchair youth athletes