Town of Brookfield police squads, fire trucks and ambulances regularly drive through the city of Brookfield. Likewise, city of Brookfield police squads, fire trucks and ambulances often travel through the town of Brookfield. The town of Brookfield Town Hall is a figurative stone's throw from the city hall of the city of Brookfield. The police station of the town of Brookfield is located within several blocks of the city of Brookfield's police station. The fire station of the town of Brookfield is a scant few minutes drive from the headquarters of the city of Brookfield's Fire Department.
The taxpayers and fee payers of the town of Brookfield and the city of Brookfield collectively could save hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars a year in taxes and fees were the town of Brookfield and the city of Brookfield to merge. It is fiscally insane to have two Brookfield police departments, two Brookfield fire departments, two Brookfield public works departments and two Brookfield municipal governance bodies.
Brookfield is one community. There should be only one Brookfield municipality. The town of Brookfield is an anachronism. The town of Brookfield and the city of Brookfield should merge.
Not someday. Now.
Jeffrey P. Clark
City of Brookfield
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Video: Elmbrook Education Foundation awards first student grant
- BEAST Robotics advances to World competition
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18