Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
What's next for the
former burger kingdom?
Question: Larry Knetzger in the Town of Brookfield asks: What is happening to the Burger King in the Town of Brookfield? Massive remodeling for a different use now? Rumor is it is going to be a Starbucks.
Response: The rumors are absolutely correct. Town of Brookfield officials confirm that the building that previously housed a Burger King at 17980 W. Bluemound Road is in the process of being remodeled into a Starbucks.
"Starbucks has taken tenancy and they're in the process of remodeling the building that will offer an interior dining space that is slightly larger than Burger King's was," Town of Brookfield Zoning and Planning Administrator Gary Lake said.
Lake noted that the new Starbucks location will also feature outdoor seating in the form of a patio and a drive-thru.
"They're going to be using basically the same system as Burger King (did)," Lake said.
The architect for the remodeling is NORR. NORR officials were unable to be reached for comment, although Lake estimated that the store will likely not be opening before mid-August.
"They've got all their carpentry and framing to do, and insulation. I'd say at least six weeks."
Email your question to Geoff Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Ask Now: Wireless dead zones, what is to be done?
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: What's happening in Brookfield at I-94 and Moorland?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will the Watertown Plank railroad crossing be smoother?
- Ask Now: Path sharing problems in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout at Brookfield Road and North Avenue working as it should?
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- Ask Now: Is Big Brother watching you?
- Ask Now: Which has more park space per resident — the City of Brookfield, or Elm Grove?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: The weeds are back — who is responsible?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Is River Birch Drive a public trail or a private drive?
- Ask Now: Is Goodwill still coming to Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Ask Now: What's going on with Capitol Heights?
- Ask Now: Are well owners hooked up to city water required to get permit?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove looks toward more walking paths
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?