Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
What's next for the
former burger kingdom?
Question: Larry Knetzger in the Town of Brookfield asks: What is happening to the Burger King in the Town of Brookfield? Massive remodeling for a different use now? Rumor is it is going to be a Starbucks.
Response: The rumors are absolutely correct. Town of Brookfield officials confirm that the building that previously housed a Burger King at 17980 W. Bluemound Road is in the process of being remodeled into a Starbucks.
"Starbucks has taken tenancy and they're in the process of remodeling the building that will offer an interior dining space that is slightly larger than Burger King's was," Town of Brookfield Zoning and Planning Administrator Gary Lake said.
Lake noted that the new Starbucks location will also feature outdoor seating in the form of a patio and a drive-thru.
"They're going to be using basically the same system as Burger King (did)," Lake said.
The architect for the remodeling is NORR. NORR officials were unable to be reached for comment, although Lake estimated that the store will likely not be opening before mid-August.
"They've got all their carpentry and framing to do, and insulation. I'd say at least six weeks."
Email your question to Geoff Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does Mayor Steve Ponto want to run for higher office?
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: How can a young person help out at the humane society?
- Ask Now: Will there be a lighting test at Golf Parkway?
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What makes a left turn arrow appropriate?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Any thoughts of turkey population control?
- Ask Now: Why can trains blow horns in Brookfield?
- Brookfield Ask Now: When will Calhoun Road be improved?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market?
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development?
- Ask Now: Do police keep those who live near crime scenes more informed?
- Ask Now: Are there any special rules for owners of pit bulls?