With the arrival of August comes the last gasp of summer, and goodness, did it go quickly. Back-to-school planning is likely under way, and children across the area are surely lamenting the end of their vacations. At the Elm Grove Library, it has been a summer full of fun and educational programs, with excellent attendance and enthusiastic participation every week, and it is not quite over yet. What better way to cap off the season than with a movie celebration the whole family will enjoy?
Join us on Friday, Aug. 15 at 7 p.m. for our 3rd Annual End of Summer Family Movie Night at the library. This year's movie is a 1997 Robin Williams family comedy, "Flubber," about a professor whose science experiment goes horribly wrong, to often hilarious consequences. The movie will be screening in the O'Neill Room located just below the library, and is rated PG with a running time of approximately 93 minutes.
Admission is free, and there will be plenty of free popcorn, candy, and refreshments for everyone to enjoy. There will also be a special gift for the children to take home after the movie. Children are also encouraged to bring sleeping bags and blankets for the best seats in the house, right up front. If you have any questions about the family movie night, call the library at (262) 782-6717. We'll see you at the movies!
If You Go
What: 3rd Annual End of Summer Family Movie Celebration
Where: O'Neill Room, Elm Grove Public Library
When: Friday, Aug. 15, movie begins at 7 p.m.
Cost: Free! There will also be free popcorn, candy, refreshments, and a special gift for the kids.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Video: Elmbrook Education Foundation awards first student grant
- BEAST Robotics advances to World competition
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18