Area youth who dread back-to-school shopping may change their tune if they visit the recently opened Shoe Carnival in Brookfield.
"From the upbeat, cool music we play over our loudspeakers, to the games designed to help customers save money, Shoe Carnival is a fun environment," said general manager Edward Iacono. "It's just an exciting place to shop."
Located in the Sears wing of Brookfield Square mall, the Evansville, Indiana-based family footwear retailer carries nearly 30,000 pairs of dress, casual and athletic shoes from 75 brand names, including Nike, Asics, and Nine West, plus accessories, such as handbags, insoles and socks.
While the competition may boast a similar selection, they fall short, Iacono claims, of achieving Shoe Carnival's unique shopping experience.
"Ours is truly a one-of-a-kind store, with a number of features," he said. "Shoe Carnival's 10,000-square-foot display area includes a basketball hoop to keep kids busy and happy while their parents shop. We also have a 'Big Money Wheel,' which lets customers save from $2 to $5 off a purchase, or win a prize. In addition, our shoe perks rewards program allows them to earn points on each product they buy. And twice an hour, we have sales — announced over a microphone — where customers can receive discounts on an item if they buy it within the limited time promotion."
One particular sale, Iacono said, is Shoe Carnival's back-to-school promotion: buy one pair of shoes and take home a second pair for half off.
Customers are "treated very well here," said Edward. "Our friendly and helpful sales associates take great pride in taking the time necessary to ask the proper questions that will satisfy our customers' footwear needs."
Shoe Carnival operates about 400 stores in more than 30 states and Puerto Rico.
JUST THE FACTS
Business name: Shoe Carnival
Address: 95 N. Moorland Rd., Brookfield
General manager: Edward Iacono
Type of business: Retail footwear
Pearls of wisdom: Surprise in store
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Chiropractor takes a full-body wellness approach
- Brookfield business sells, buys 'gently used' children's goods
- Brookfield promotional business advocates useful items, not trinkets
- Company helps people, businesses save on energy
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Fazio's chocolate shop a second chance at happiness
- Local art gallery boasts diversified collection
- Ballet school helps students move with grace, confidence
- Enhancing Light Cosmetic Laser comes to Elm Grove
- Matt Schultz's search for a franchise was led by the heart
- Retirement just didn't pan out for Pro Cast's owner
- Halen Homes young, but making mark
- Freedom Physical Therapy triples clinic size
- Drove over your cell phone? CPR may help
- Spring Bank risked weak economy but won big
- Having a party? Don't fret, decorative tableware rentals available
- Brand personality key to architecture
- Science, intuition work together at Campione Chiropractic
- All-natural, fresh made cookies are staple at Sweet!
- Dental practice remembers motto: 'Never treat a stranger'