New Elm Grove salon to offer free fashion haircuts
Hair Colour To Go, a new Elm Grove business, will be offering free fashion haircuts in March.
An international stylist that is based out of Chicago will be at the salon the morning of Tuesday, March 17, to train owner Ted Berry and the salon's other stylists in the latest techniques in hair cutting.
Hair Colour To Go is in need of 10 models who would like the latest fashion haircuts.
There is no charge for the cuts.
All staff are already trained, by Berry, during a two-year apprenticeship.
On top of offering his customers in-house services, Berry also offers them a custom mix salon formula so clients can color their hair at home.
After meeting with a consultant to determine which hair color will meet their needs, the client is then instructed on the application process.
Hair Colour To Go moved from its Wauwatosa location in October to a larger Elm Grove space.
Prom Spot finds a home in Brookfield
Mothers and their daughters can pour over hundreds of brightly colored dresses at the Prom Spot.
Prom Spot opened in Brookfield in January with one thing in mind: Prom goers.
Owner Lydia Vera White, began the business some six years ago in her mother's basement when she was a junior in high school.
White said what makes her stand out from other businesses is she makes sure she doesn't sell the same dress to more than one girl at the same school.
"A lot of stores will warn you, but don't prevent it," White said.
White carries four of the top designers in prom, including Faviana, Alyce Designs, Flirt Prom and Mori Lee.
White said although she sells high-end designer dresses, they are still reasonably priced.
"It's usually a lot more enjoyable than the other stores," she said of girls shopping for their dresses at Prom Spot.
Plus, she said everything that doesn't sell from the previous year gets marked down.
For now White is focusing only on prom dresses, but she hopes to expand to other special occasions, like weddings.
BUSINESS: Hair Colour To Go
ADDRESS: 13315 Watertown Plank Road, Elm Grove
PHONE: (262) 786-5450
WEB SITE: haircolourtogo.com
BUSINESS: Prom Spot
ADDRESS: 19115 W. Capitol Drive
PHONE: (262) 547-9955
HOURS: 3 to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday
WEB SITE: wisconsinpromdress.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public Forum: The Corridor project is worthy of city support
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: March 5
- Elm Grove, business association aim to team up on more effective marketing of the community
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Feb. 26
- 36 donate hair at St. Dominic's annual event
- Learning Rx: Theater teaches skills, vocabulary — and confidence
- Grilled cheese specialty restaurant Tom and Chee plans spring opening in Elm Grove
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 12
- Limited ballot awaits Brookfield, Elm Grove voters