School Board candidates will participate in forums
The remaining four candidates running for Elmbrook School Board will meet for two candidate forums during the next two weeks.
The first will be held at Tonawanda Elementary School, 13605 Underwood River Parkway, at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 19.
Candidates will answer audience questions during the 90-minute forum, which will be open to the public and sponsored by the school's Parent Teacher Organization.
The second forum will be held at the district's Central Administrative Offices, 13780 Hope St., Brookfield, at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 26.
The forum will be sponsored by the Elmbrook Parent Leadership Council and the Special Education Parent Advisory Board.
Incumbent Meg Wartman and Charles Wickens are running for the open At-Large seat, and Jean Lambert will face Donald Moore for the district's Area IV seat in the Tuesday, April 7, election.
Elmbrook hires new director of facilities management
Scott Miller, a facilities supervisor in Waukesha County for eight years, has been hired as director of facilities management.
Miller will replace Dave Ross, who will take a similar position in the West Bend School District.
Miller, who has two children enrolled in Elmbrook schools, started with the district March 9.
Special education teacher will resign
Tina Werderman, a special education teacher at Brookfield East High School, will resign at the end of the current school year.
Elmbrook School Board members approved her resignation Feb. 24.
Science teacher retires after 23 years
Christine Frank, a science teacher at Brookfield East High School, will retire at the end of the school year after 23 years in Elmbrook.
Elmbrook School Board members approved her retirement Feb. 24.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- School Board Notes: July 19
- School Board Notes: June 14
- School Board Notes: June 8
- SCHOOL BOARD NOTES
- School Board Notes: May 12
- School Board Notes: April 14
- School Board Notes: March 9
- School Board Notes: March 2
- School Board Notes: Feb. 16
- school board notes
- School Board Notes: Feb. 2
- School Board Notes: Jan. 19
- School Board Notes: Dec. 15
- School Board Notes: Nov. 30
- School Board Notes: Nov. 20
- School Board Notes: Nov. 10
- School Board Notes: Nov. 3
- School Board Notes: Oct. 29
- School Board Notes: Oct. 20
- School Board Notes: Oct. 15