Elm Grove is gearing up for a fun-filled Independence Day celebration presented by local clubs and organizations. All July 4 Family Fun Fest events take place at Village Park, 13600 Juneau Blvd., unless otherwise noted.
In the event of inclement weather, call (262) 782-6940 for updates.
Family Fun Fest lineup
• 8:30 a.m.: Warm-up for 2-mile Fun Run/Walk around Village Park
• 9 a.m.: Fun Run/Walk
• 11 a.m.: Bike decorating contest, St. Mary's parking lot, 1260 Church St. A parade to Village Hall follows the decorating. In case of inclement weather, the event will be held in the firehouse.
• noon: flag-raising ceremony at Village Hall
• 12:30 to 8 p.m.: open swim at the pool
• 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.: Elm Grove Junior Guild Games; see separate schedule for details.
• 12:30 to 9:30 p.m.: Elmbrook Rotary Club will sell grilled brats, hot dogs and burgers, ice cream, popcorn, soda and beer, as well as glow sticks. Proceeds benefit Rotary-supported charities including the Women's Center in Waukesha, Fairview South School, the Waukesha Food Pantry, Elmbrook schools scholarships and the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center of the Arts.
• 5:30 to 6 p.m.: Drop-off for No Cry Babies baking contest (cakes, cookies, pies, brownies and breads) at the Big Top Tent. Due to the potential for hot weather, no cream-based recipes allowed.
• 6 p.m.: baking contest judging
• 6 to 9:30 p.m.: The Moonlight Jazz orchestra performs at the gazebo.
• 7 p.m.: Auction of baked goods from contest; proceeds benefit Fourth of July activities.
• 9 p.m.: All personal tents must be taken down.
• 9:15 p.m.: enhanced flag ceremony
• 9:40 p.m.: fireworks (rain date, Sunday)
Junior Guild games
Awards will be given for first-,
second- and third-place winners.
• 1 to 3 p.m.: carnival games for children ages 2 to 10 in the tent
• 1 to 3 p.m.: Pocket Lady for children ages 2 to 10 in the park
• 1 to 3 p.m.: crafts for children ages 2 to 10 in the tent
• 1 to 3 p.m.: face-painting and tattoos for children ages 2 to 10 in the tent
• 2 to 2:30 p.m.: penny scramble for children ages 2 to 5 in the volleyball court
• 2 to 4 p.m.: pony rides for children ages 2 to 10 in the park
• 2:30 to 4 p.m.: foot races (including gunnysack races, three-legged races and wheel barrel races) in the park
• 3 to 4 p.m.: basketball shoot for ages 9 and older at the basketball court
• 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.: water balloon toss for all ages at the basketball court
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series